Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Chaos753

Old January 28th, 2018, 10:26 PM
In the procedure " Setup Secondary Updates URL", step 8, Screen "Import New Data Files Into Hero Lab", on right side "Files added or replaced by import" it shows all the books that the d20 community set v *.** will add. But they never do.

In Manage third party updates, there were no packs, nothing listed.
Chaos753 is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 29th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Do you have multiple d20 HL system folders? Could you be installing the "d20 Community Set 1.21" into one system folder, but have your character portfolio in a different one?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; January 29th, 2018 at 02:40 AM.
Dami is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 29th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Do you have multiple d20 HL system folders? Could you be installing the "d20 Community Set 1.21" into one system folder, but have your character portfolio in a different one?
This is my question as well. In the import window, in the lower left there is a window marked "Folder for Game System". This will always default to d20, so if you have duplicated or moved your d20 system to another folder you will need to change this in order to populate the data files in the correct folder.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your license doesn't include d20? That would be one reason why the user files aren't loading.
Sendric is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Chaos753

Old January 29th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Still have my license for d20. THe upsetting thing is that this all worked at one time. IF I changed anything it was an accident. It appears that the d20 community set never downloads, as far as the game is concerned, although it says id did. THe update already has the shadowsoftware url in it. And all my other portfolios open just fine, only the duskblade which required the d20 set has the issue.
Chaos753 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos753 View Post
In the procedure " Setup Secondary Updates URL", step 8, Screen "Import New Data Files Into Hero Lab", on right side "Files added or replaced by import" it shows all the books that the d20 community set v *.** will add. But they never do.
So you see the window "Import New Data Files into Hero Lab" and it shows "Folder for game system:" as "d20". You do press the "Start Import" button right. Then you get a large "Warning" window and you press "Yes"?

And finally you get a message that says "Import was successful and the new data files are ready for use. The new game system should now appear in the 'Select Game System' dialog."

Then you close down Hero Lab and restart HL and then d20. Do you get any error messages when starting d20?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Chaos753

Old January 29th, 2018, 01:58 PM
correct on all. No errors when starting HL or d20. One thing I did notice tho, is that the written procedure an updated named "Lawful_g d20" but it does not show this file at any time. I have been selecting d20 community v 1.21. Does this make a difference ? And as I mentioned previously, in step 4, the shadowsoftware url is already in there for updates.

And on step 8, where it calls out "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx)" In the import new data files into Hero Lab, in the file to import line, it has" C:\programdata\herolab\download\lawful_G_". But that is not where my Lawful_g file is located. Mine is in C:/users/Ken/mydocuments/herolab.

Last edited by Chaos753; January 29th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Chaos753 is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 29th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Quote:
correct on all. No errors when starting HL or d20. One thing I did notice tho, is that the written procedure an updated named "Lawful_g d20" but it does not show this file at any time. I have been selecting d20 community v 1.21. Does this make a difference ? And as I mentioned previously, in step 4, the shadowsoftware url is already in there for updates.

And on step 8, where it calls out "Lawful_g d20(vx.xx)" In the import new data files into Hero Lab, in the file to import line, it has" C:\programdata\herolab\download\lawful_G_". But that is not where my Lawful_g file is located. Mine is in C:/users/Ken/mydocuments/herolab.
Sendric changed the name of the addon awhile ago and we never updated the documentnation. Lawful_g is the old name for the same package that is now called "d20 Community Set (v1.21)". So that all matches up.

Are you using a Mac? Cause in Windows HL will never put data files into the my documents area. It would prevent it from working.

Honestly at this point you will need to start taking screen shots of everything so the rest of us can "visually see" what you see. Nothing here is making sense because if you did the above steps then you have it installed.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Chaos753

Old January 29th, 2018, 02:31 PM
no using a pc. And it used to work. I added it back in later part of 2017.
Chaos753 is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Chaos753

Old January 29th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Not in my documents huh ? Ok. Where then, in downloads ?
Chaos753 is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 30th, 2018, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Not in my documents huh ? Ok. Where then, in downloads ?
C:\programdata\herolab\download is where HL stores the update files that you download.
HeroLab stores portfolios and images in C:\Users\username\My Documents\Hero lab

The user files are installed to C:\Program Data\Hero Lab\data\d20 - this is the "d20" that shows in the 'Folder for Game System' window on the import window. Are you changing the install location when you try to update?
When you load HeroLab, and load your character portfolio - go to "Tools" > "Explore Folders" > "Game System data Folder" - what folder does it open? (It should be C:\Program Data\Hero Lab\data\d20.)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; January 30th, 2018 at 02:47 AM. Reason: more detail
Dami is offline   #70 Reply With Quote