Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Pollution

Old January 12th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Pollution is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 12th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Even if a creature only appeared in specific geographic locations I'd still just give it a mechanics article and make sure to specifically say where it lives in the article, assuming those places are already topics it will get linked, or give the creature a belongs within relationship to that location or both.

For items, in my fantasy realms two kinds items get topics articles. Artifacts, big, powerful MacGuffins major story arcs will be about that a lot of lore will exist for and more frequently items important to a story that I want a specific image for. I use mechanics articles any time I simply want to create a new magic item that isn't surrounded by a lot of lore and won't be central to the plot.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:11 AM
I like the division.

The story of the world in the almanac and then all the nittygritty stuff in the mechanics section.

Then again I run my own system so I need somewhere to put my notes on spears and herbs and bugs and inns etc.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Strategon

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:47 AM
It's not that I don't like the mechanics section, its just that I would have preferred for it to be implemented differently.

With the RW's use of views, why not be able to tag everything and set up a view for that tag, etc. If this existed, I would "pin" everything I needed in one view, story and mechanics.

When the content market launches, how is this working? If you buy an adventure and import it, does it automatically put your story entries in Almanac and split your Mechanics entries to the Mechanics Reference?
Strategon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 12th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Exporting a realm (in relation to these two sections) exports it where it existed previously. Importing it imports it into the same place.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Strategon

Old January 12th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Exporting a realm (in relation to these two sections) exports it where it existed previously. Importing it imports it into the same place.
So considering this, as long as you leave the original categories intact, you can make copies of them and modify to your heart's content, while still being compatible with any information that you inmport as it will retain the default state.

Did I read somewhere that any modifications you make to category structure and then export, isn't retained in its new location (import to another realm?)
Strategon is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 12th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategon View Post
Did I read somewhere that any modifications you make to category structure and then export, isn't retained in its new location (import to another realm?)
That certainly makes no sense. Changes you make to the category structure have to be part of the export so that things like new categories will be part of the export.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old January 12th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Pollution is offline   #28 Reply With Quote