Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 12:49 AM
So first off I'm trying to create the following a house ruled summoner who can use their change base form once a month rather than once a level and to add the half elf racial bonus increase evolution points to other races my first one was the asimir.

Creating the first part was easy as it was just a text change to have it say once a month.

The second part took a bit of work to add it into the archetype but I had that which just left the final bit.

Giving the half elf racial ability of extra evolution points as an option to other races and I thought from looking at it I had to create an entire new summoner base class who allowed this option (its protected from changes/saving). However as soon as I hit the new blank I got this error message . . .

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: PFRPG_Gestalt_Component.str (line 97) - Component 'GestHelp' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified.

Now the porfolio edited file just keeps generating that message any time I try to save/modify it. I could remove the community pack with the gestalt rules but since its not finding a file already I'm not sure that would help and as I've said to others many times if something goes wrong don't keep guessing as you can make a simple solution into a horribly complex one.

The only 3 things in this editor file are the 3 things mentioned here nothing else at all. Does anyone have an idea on what I did and how to fix it so I can continue making the alternate summoner class with other races getting the bonus evolution points? I've included the data file in this post.
Attached Files
File Type: email summoner.user (3.0 KB, 1 views)
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 24th, 2019, 02:50 AM
I don't think its an error you caused. Did you try saving your user file, exiting and going back in? You haven't used a Gestalt item in your file, so I suspect you just hit a PF/memory error that occurs sometimes. If its that error, nothing you do will "fix it" - you just have to exit Hl and start it up again.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 03:01 AM
That worked thanks, it still seems to crop up for certain things but quiting and restoring worked. Support for my theory its best to just step back and ask others rather than guess.
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old December 24th, 2019, 04:01 AM
If you switch the the 64 bit version, if you are not already using it, you should not have as much problems with the memory leak issue.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM
Curse of Strahd 5E - Player

My HL Files - Birthright, Creatures, and items
Birthright Setting and D20Despot Let me know if it breaks.
Sarelth is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old December 24th, 2019, 04:30 AM
Again, no need to duplicate the class, all you need to do is modify fcSumHElf and extend/replace it with a version that includes the races you want.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 24th, 2019, 12:58 PM
It was protected can't make changes unfortunately there's a lot that are.

I did try once but it didn't run off the same licence and at the time I wasn't interested in transfering the licence from the 32 to the 64 bit version.
Senko is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old December 24th, 2019, 01:26 PM
64 bit and 32 bit are the same licenses, I am using both currently. You just have to retrieve the license, it should count for both.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM

Last edited by Sarelth; December 24th, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 24th, 2019, 02:51 PM
I had to retrieve the license for each version, but having done that once, I can use either version of HL.

It has to recompile, whenever I switch from one version to the other. I like to check (hope the functionality returns, with any update to HL or RW) that one of the versions will once again allow Realm Works to integrate their stored portfolio into a running HL.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old December 25th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Ah of course, thanks I didn't think to reactivate licence as it was a new instance of herolab in my head. Ok using 64 bit now.
Senko is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old December 26th, 2019, 02:53 AM
Honestly, I did the same thing. I thought I would need a new secondary key for my account. lol. I was super glad when I finally realized I was mistaken.

Current Games:
5E Homebrew - DM

Recent Games:
Shadowrun 5E - GM
Pathfinder Homebrew - DM

Sarelth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote