Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mad Hamish

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:31 AM
I've got a character in Wrath of the Rigtheous and when I load him I'm getting a message "pick 'iCBRadianc' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 886".
Mad Hamish is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hamish View Post
I've got a character in Wrath of the Rigtheous and when I load him I'm getting a message "pick 'iCBRadianc' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch 886".
That is the Community Created version of Radiance that I built as it has a user option to auto-increase itself as its powers are unlocked.

I just double checked and it is in the Basic Pack. So I am going to assume either you don't have one of the "New" packs installed or its giving an error as soon as you start Pathfinder. That causes HL to go into safe mode.

So do the following:
1) Go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell what displays here.
2) If you are getting ANY message as soon as you start HL then right click and copy it and paste it here.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Dischord

Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:02 PM
I'm getting this error message I have reloaded several times and this is the only error I get.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHideDei')
Dischord is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Daengren

Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:21 PM
All I have is the basic pack installed. I removed all 3rd party updates and re-installed the Basic Pack (V3.4, 82 files) and when I open my characters i get the following:

"one or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Insert name here'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Broken Chains"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Crypt of the Everflame"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "No Response from Deepmar"

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but what can I do to fix this?
Daengren is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dischord View Post
I'm getting this error message I have reloaded several times and this is the only error I get.

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: PFRPG_PlayerPack_Sources.1st (line 21) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('srcHideDei')
I have corrected the Basic Pack to take into account this old file. Please download one more time and you should be good to go. Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daengren View Post
All I have is the basic pack installed. I removed all 3rd party updates and re-installed the Basic Pack (V3.4, 82 files) and when I open my characters i get the following:

"one or more required sources are not accessible for hero 'Insert name here'. Subsequent errors may be the result of this problem.
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Broken Chains"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Crypt of the Everflame"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Critical information not found in the data files: Source "No Response from Deepmar"

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but what can I do to fix this?
So these Books/Modules use to exist in the Community Player Pack but I removed them as they actually didn't have any Player stuff.

So to clean this up is pretty easy. Just open your character again and press OK through the message and go to "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources". Save your character and you are good to go.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 3rd, 2015 at 06:11 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:56 PM
I updated FAQ#6 with an easier way to do a clean install. So if you run into any issues removing all the old Community packages and any "new" Packs first will make things go smoother. Then just download and install the Pack or Packs you need.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Dischord

Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:03 PM
Downloaded again and works great, thanks for all that you do for us, makes a great resource even better.
Dischord is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old February 4th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
That is the Community Created version of Radiance that I built as it has a user option to auto-increase itself as its powers are unlocked.

I just double checked and it is in the Basic Pack. So I am going to assume either you don't have one of the "New" packs installed or its giving an error as soon as you start Pathfinder. That causes HL to go into safe mode.

So do the following:
1) Go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell what displays here.
2) If you are getting ANY message as soon as you start HL then right click and copy it and paste it here.
At Manage Third Party Updates
I've got
Pathfinder GM Pack V3.0
Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack V3.0
Pathfinder Campaign Pack V3.2
Pathfinder 3PP Pack V1.2
Pathfinder Basic Pack V3.4

I'm not seeing any errors Loading herolab or loading Pathfinder.
Mad Hamish is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 4th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hamish View Post
At Manage Third Party Updates
I've got
Pathfinder GM Pack V3.0
Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack V3.0
Pathfinder Campaign Pack V3.2
Pathfinder 3PP Pack V1.2
Pathfinder Basic Pack V3.4

I'm not seeing any errors Loading herolab or loading Pathfinder.
So the GM Pack is inside the Mythic Pack so its just a doubling of files. And then the Basic Pack is inside of all those other Packs. I don't think it should cause issues have them all other than waste of bandwidth to keep updating them all. I did testing before but I do wonder if this specific file is being affected by have ALL the Packs installed. Hmmm

So you could delete the GM Pack and Basic Pack. And then download the GM Mythic Pack one more time and let it install. See if that causes the Radiance sword to show up correctly. If that works let me know so I can see about trying to duplicate the issue. If I can duplicate it I should be able fix it then.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #60 Reply With Quote