Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thaX

Old August 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I have a request to have some way to show the Furry of Blows for the Monk (and other similar weapon/fighting particulars) within the weapon entries. Herolab does to the calcs for the Furry, but it doesn't show up in the entries.

Also... need a place to put Damage Resistance (for Tiefling and Assimar and others). Dr 5 fire, for example. I have seen it in other sheets and the main one.

Last edited by thaX; August 26th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
thaX is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
I have a request to have some way to show the Furry of Blows for the Monk (and other similar weapon/fighting particulars) within the weapon entries. Herolab does to the calcs for the Furry, but it doesn't show up in the entries.
I'm told that HL 6.20 is putting the Flurry of Blows info into the XML. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it should be easy to add to the sheet in the next version (which is imminent, btw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Also... need a place to put Damage Resistance (for Tiefling and Assimar and others). Dr 5 fire, for example. I have seen it in other sheets and the main one.
This one is already on the wish list... I'll consider this a +1.
AncientOne is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old August 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm running the Jade Regent AP and gave the intelligent katana "Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu" (minor artifact) to a player. She can equip it, but it never shows up on the sheet. It does show up on the offical sheet, but not on yours.

The item comes from the Jade Regent AP source material.

Thanks,

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
I'm running the Jade Regent AP and gave the intelligent katana "Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu" (minor artifact) to a player. She can equip it, but it never shows up on the sheet. It does show up on the offical sheet, but not on yours.

The item comes from the Jade Regent AP source material.
It looks like Hero Lab will only output that item as a "weapon" in the XML if you actually equip it. If you don't equip it, it only shows up as a generic magic item.

I'm not sure why that is... maybe because it's an artifact? I would report it as a bug in the "bug reports" thread.
AncientOne is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 29th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Version 4.7 of my custom sheet is available through the auto-update mechanism... see this post for what is included.

As noted in that post, the "Pathfinder/PFS standard" sheet style is a first draft. Having said that, you should still feel free to give any feedback on ways in which you would like to see it improved.
AncientOne is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old August 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Something I have noticed while recently using the sheet: It does not output the Orc alternative racial traits "Toothy" and "Chain Fighter", while it does indeed recognise the "Scavenger" alt. racial trait.

(I tried to pick up and use a spiked chain and couldn't show my DM my proficiency)
McTaff is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Professor Z

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
  • Ranged weapons always display their ranged attack bonus, and not the melee attack bonus that they may have.
Thanks, this fixes the problem that I was having with my alchemist bombs but it still seems to be pick up the melee attack bonus for a javelin.
Professor Z is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Z View Post
Thanks, this fixes the problem that I was having with my alchemist bombs but it still seems to be pick up the melee attack bonus for a javelin.
That's because Hero Lab outputs the javelin as a 'melee' weapon in the XML instead of as a ranged weapon (though it adds some ranged info to it, like it would for a dagger that can also be thrown). The Core Rulebook lists it as a ranged weapon, so this is another one that I think should be posted in the 'bug reports' thread.
AncientOne is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old August 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
Something I have noticed while recently using the sheet: It does not output the Orc alternative racial traits "Toothy" and "Chain Fighter", while it does indeed recognise the "Scavenger" alt. racial trait.

(I tried to pick up and use a spiked chain and couldn't show my DM my proficiency)
Those items are nowhere in the XML that that Hero Lab outputs for custom sheets. The "weapon" that Toothy gives you will show up on your sheet, but that's it.

You'll need to report this on the "bug reports" thread.
AncientOne is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old August 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Version 4.7 of my custom sheet is available through the auto-update mechanism... see this post for what is included.

As noted in that post, the "Pathfinder/PFS standard" sheet style is a first draft. Having said that, you should still feel free to give any feedback on ways in which you would like to see it improved.

I have been waiting for this, I will check it out and compare to what I am using now.
Dragnmoon is offline   #110 Reply With Quote