Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Sword_of_Spirit

Old April 29th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Is there any way to stop this pop up from constantly happening? It happens anytime I paste anything. And lest you think I'm getting fancy here, that could just mean copying and pasting text from one snippet to another. Try it! Type "text" in a snippet, CTRL+C it, then click inside a blank snippet and CTRL+P it.

AHHHHHH!

It's been doing this the entire time I've had the software, and it's just finally bugged me enough today to mention it. There is nothing I am ever pasting into this that is going to ruin my evening, my whole life, and my day if something gets lost in translation. I want to totally disable this unnecessary notification and extra click forever more.

Can I do this?

(If it's relevant, the specific problem it's reporting is that it doesn't know if the fonts will shop up right in a web browsers.)

Last edited by Sword_of_Spirit; April 29th, 2019 at 07:32 PM.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 29th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Your default font must be set to something not standard for browsers. Change to times roman or one of the other standard fonts.

Or if you don't want to do that live with the dialog until they get around to adding a "don't show this again" check box to that dialog.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 30th, 2019, 04:58 AM
Could ctrl+alt+V be a workaround? That prompts a popup too, but one that goes away be hitting return or arrow down + return.
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old April 30th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Does this happen from Snippets that you type from scratch, or is it from snippets that you copy/pasted from another source?

Usually I get this pop-up when I copy from a PDF into Realm Works and paste without thinking. Instead I use the CTRL-ALT-V command to paste the PDF text unformatted. Then if it needs formatting (such as bullet points or font changes) I make those format changes directly in the snippet.

I can confirm that if I copy text from a PDF and paste it into a snippet, and click "yes" to import the data, and then if I try to copy and paste text from that snippet into another new snippet, I keep getting the repeated pop-ups about importing data. I can definitely see how that would be annoying.

I tested fixing this, and if I changed the font of the snippet, I could then copy it and paste it elsewhere without getting the pop-up prompt. So changing the font on your snippets might be the way to correct this for your existing content.
Murrdox is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sword_of_Spirit

Old May 3rd, 2019, 11:36 AM
The issue is that I changed the default Realm Works fonts on purpose. But it doesn't seem like Realm Works really supports non-default fonts. Sure, you can tell it to use them, but then it's constantly giving you that dumb pop-up you can't disable. And this isn't just when I post from an external source--I can literally type text in one snippet and then get the pop-up pasting it into another snippet on the same topic.

Not only that, but if you use CTRL+Enter to create a new snippet, it will go back to the stock default font--not the default font you've set. CTRL+T will make a snippet with your font.

And that's not all. Sometimes even when a snippet seems to be working with the font you set, it just forgets your font and reverts to default if you backspace at the wrong point near the beginning of a snippet.

They really need to recode the way it handles changing the default font so it actually does it consistently.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
Not only that, but if you use CTRL+Enter to create a new snippet, it will go back to the stock default font--not the default font you've set. CTRL+T will make a snippet with your font.

And that's not all. Sometimes even when a snippet seems to be working with the font you set, it just forgets your font and reverts to default if you backspace at the wrong point near the beginning of a snippet.
This part sounds like it may related to something I have reported as bug before: sometimes if you remove a link from some text (usually, but not always) at the beginning of a Text snippet, RW can become "unable" to recognize it for "Clear all content links and re-scan". In such cases, I have been able to "fix" it by backspacing into the previous word and re-typing the removed text... or by backspacing a couple of times from before the first character in the snippet.

This leads to me to think it is related to hidden characters/html embedded in the snippets.

Ctrl-Enter does not create a new Snippet... it splits the existing one into two at the point where the cursor is. The difference may be subtle, but it could explain the issue you're seeing because that could be a bug where the new Snippet is not carrying over the over-ridden font settings from the start of the current Text snippet correctly. Ctrl-T does create a new Snippet, and and would apply the specified default as part of that process. That could/would be why you're seeing different behavior.
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 3rd, 2019, 05:28 PM
The issue is that snippets are html documents. So every snippet sets the font at the very beginning of the document. Hitting backspace at the beginning of a snippet erases that font change statement.

It's likely the same issue with clearing a link at the beginning of a snippet.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Frunk

Old May 21st, 2019, 02:36 AM
Apologies! Posted in the wrong place - created a new feature suggestion for configurable paste options - which can be related to issues above

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...996#post278996

Last edited by Frunk; May 21st, 2019 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Wrong forum - moved to feature suggestions
Frunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote