Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheProgramer

Old September 9th, 2017, 09:32 PM
The Automatic Bonus Progression under Unchained has two parts to it:
  1. Bonuses to base stats such as ability scores & bonuses to AC & saving throws.
  2. Weapon & armor attunements.
It would be amazing to have an option to choose to only use the stat bonuses or the attunements. I, along with many people who use this system, like it for the bonuses but dislike the attunements portion.

Thank you for considering this change.
TheProgramer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 10th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Also would love this modification, please.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheProgramer

Old September 10th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Actually to be more accurate the Automatic Bonus Progression under Unchained has three parts to it:
  1. Bonuses to AC & saving throws.
  2. Bonuses to ability scores.
  3. Weapon & armor attunements.

I really just want to use that first section, those things replace having to get amulet of natural armor, ring of protection, and cloak of resistance.
TheProgramer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 10th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Planning to use options 1 and 2 but not 3 in my next campaign. So, the ability to itemize how ABP is being used would be awesome!
Krothos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old September 11th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Our group ended up approaching this from a different angle because they decided they didn't like removing the weapons/armor and when GMing found it challenging to convert what the AP had for treasure/wealth into appropriate loot and wealth per level.

Since the point of ABP was to remove the necessity for the usual items in each slot allowing you to use some of the more interesting items in those same slots, we came up with new items that didn't use the same slot to grant those bonuses as follows:

- Ring of Protection: Doesn't take up a ring slot. This was accomplished by adding to the script on Ring of Protection: 'perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpRing]'. Technically, this means that you could equip unlimited Rings of Protection, but since the bonus doesn't stack with each other this doesn't matter.

- Amulet of Natural Armor: Similar to Ring of Protection, just allow an AoNA along with another necklace. Accomplished by adding to the script on AoNA: 'perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpNeck]'. Again, could equip unlimited AoNA, but since bonus doesn't stack doing so is non-impactful.

- Belts with physical attribute: Here we converted all of the STR/DEX/CON belts into Belt Buckles. Within HL, I made the belt buckle items 'attach' to another belt item so that you can only get the belt buckle bonus for the belt you have equipped. I added a basic leather belt that is included in the basic free outfit so you can attach a buckle to it if you haven't yet found/bought a magical belt.

- Headbands with mental attribute: Similar to belt buckles, I converted all INT/WIS/CHA headbands into Headband Settings. These must be attached to a headband similar to how the belt buckles work with belts. I added a basic iron headband included with the free outfit so you can attach a setting until you find/buy a magical headband.

- Cloak of Resistance: These have all been converted into Cloak Clasps. Like belt buckles and headband settings, these must be attached to a cloak. I added a basic cloth cloak with the free outfit so you can attach a setting until you find/buy a magical cloak.

With these items, we do not use the rest of the ABP system at all and are thus able to use the standard treasure and wealth in the AP without adjustment.
Valdacil is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old September 12th, 2017, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil View Post
Interesting ideas
What script did you use to "attach" a buckle/setting/clasp to another item? We have actually done a similar thing in one of our campaigns, with the clasps only, but had settled for them being a slotless item.
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old September 13th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
What script did you use to "attach" a buckle/setting/clasp to another item? We have actually done a similar thing in one of our campaigns, with the clasps only, but had settled for them being a slotless item.
Example: Belt Buckle

usrCandid1 = "component.BaseEquip & Hero.EqpWaist"
This adds a selection to choose the belt the buckle is attached

In the case of belt buckles, I also reduced the number of items needed by setting:
usrCandid2 = "thingid.aSTR | thingid.aDEX | thingid.aCON"
So you pick which stat the belt buckle improves. This is for the lesser belts. For the next tier belts I used an array based menu with 3 options: "STR & DEX, STR & CON, DEX & CON". Top tier improves all 3 stats, so no menu needed.

Then in the code (for lesser belt buckles); Pre-Attributes 10000:
Code:
      ~ if we haven't selected anything, get out now
      doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)
      doneif (field[usrChosen2].ischosen = 0)

~ set focus to the selected thing
      perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.setfocus
      doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~ if the selected thing isn't equipped, get out now
      doneif (focus.field[gIsEquip].value <> 1)
      #enhancementbonus[field[usrChosen2].chosen, field[abValue2].value]
For tier 2 belt buckles:
Code:

if (field[usrIndex].value = 0) then
        #enhancementbonus[hero.child[aSTR], field[abValue2].value]
        #enhancementbonus[hero.child[aDEX], field[abValue2].value]
      elseif (field[usrIndex].value = 1) then
        #enhancementbonus[hero.child[aCON], field[abValue2].value]
      else
      endif
And of course tier 3 belt buckles:
Code:

You can do something similar with headband settings and cloak clasps. The headband settings got tough because of INT adding to skills. I ended up having to forgot the stat menu on those and make the variants for each stat combination because I needed to use the skill selector that INT headbands add, but I customized it.

If there is a request for it, I made all of these items in a separate file and could probably be persuaded to share the whole thing. I would just need to edit it to remove my Homebrew source selection since you wouldn't have my .1st file.
Valdacil is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 11th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I have built this in the editor just using Resistance & Deflection bonuses. Find the original mechanic and take a look at it, you should be able to work it out from there by duplicating and removing the bootstraps that you don't need.
talsharien is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 12th, 2017, 11:20 AM
The other option for those editor-challenged users is to use the appropriate adjustments under Adjustments section. Believe you can add the bonuses used in your campaign, while ignoring the other parts of ABP.

This is the option I plan to use until (hoping with fingers crossed...) LW developers can update the current ABP in HL with this request.
Krothos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old September 15th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks Valdacil. I'd certainly be interested in that user file.
Lord Magus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote