Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Joshua

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm working on a new NPC for my campaign and I want to make him a Devil (Immolation) but I want to make him a bit less powered than the one in Bestiary 2. Maybe "level" him down a few. But I want to keep all the other stats aside from the ones I remove, because I plan on him being a pretty big character and more than just a combat option.

I could do this old-school... Just tweak it on a paper character sheet... But why would I want to do that?! I'd much rather mess with him in HL. I see that the "Customized?" option can be checked on the "Background" tab but all I see that changing are feat options and skill points. I want him to have ultimately fewer skill points, slightly reduced AC, that sort of thing. Yes, yes... I could just allocate fewer skills and feats, and that'd do half the work, but then I'd have reported errors, and that drives me nuts.

Is there any way to edit a base creature without having to completely recreate it in the editor? Or is there a way to just create a "generic" Devil NPC as a race and then let me level him like a standard race?
Joshua is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:09 PM
The "Young" template, perhaps?

Down-HD monsters do need to be created as new monsters.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Joshua

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Joshua is offline   #3 Reply With Quote