Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

enjeruookami

Old March 13th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
The actual wording of Animal Companion on this regard is:
"Should she select an animal companion from one of these alternative lists, the creature gains abilities as if the character's druid level were lower than it actually is."

As similar as it seems to be, this is not a penalty. It isn't taking out your Druid level to let you get the Companion, it is teaching you how the Companionacquires benefits, while Natural Bond gives you a bonus to effective Druid level.

You cannot use Natural Bond to offset this.

Please click this link to get exact quote of natural bond feat from complete Adventure book.

https://realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Natural_Bond
enjeruookami is offline   #861 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2019, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjeruookami View Post
Please click this link to get exact quote of natural bond feat from complete Adventure book.

https://realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Natural_Bond
Monteparnas may be right. The difference here is that taking more powerful companions requires a certain level. For example, you must be 4th level to take a black bear. Natural Bond doesn't increase your effective druid level beyond your character level, so you cannot take a black bear as your companion until you've reached 4th level even with Natural Bond. That said, there seems to have been many debates about this online. Has anyone ever seen an official answer to this?
Sendric is offline   #862 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old March 13th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Without an official answer (and actually, even with one), we need to go for a solution that leave enough room for customization. Is it possible to add an Adjustment just for raising the character's Effective Druid Level for Animal Companion?

Enjeruookami, I read both texts, Animal Companion and Natural Bond in the original source, and I stand my interpretation. Outside an official answer on the matter, I stand my interpretation of the RAW, although I'm not necessarily against your interpretation as a valid option. But we need to code RAW here, not common sense.
Monteparnas is offline   #863 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 13th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
Without an official answer (and actually, even with one), we need to go for a solution that leave enough room for customization. Is it possible to add an Adjustment just for raising the character's Effective Druid Level for Animal Companion?

Enjeruookami, I read both texts, Animal Companion and Natural Bond in the original source, and I stand my interpretation. Outside an official answer on the matter, I stand my interpretation of the RAW, although I'm not necessarily against your interpretation as a valid option. But we need to code RAW here, not common sense.
Actually, I think I have an idea that will work. I can place an option in the In-Play tab to allow this feat to do what Enjeruookami is asking. Since not everyone agrees that is correct behavior I don't want to make it the default, but having the option for those who do want it seems a reasonable solution.
Sendric is offline   #864 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old March 13th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Actually, I think I have an idea that will work. I can place an option in the In-Play tab to allow this feat to do what Enjeruookami is asking. Since not everyone agrees that is correct behavior I don't want to make it the default, but having the option for those who do want it seems a reasonable solution.
Agreed. Since the whole point of Hero Lab is being a tool, not a judge, if this is possible it will be the most desirable path.
Monteparnas is offline   #865 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Tiefling source is set to Races of Destiny instead of monster manual for some reason so it doesn't show up when it isn't selected.

Last edited by Provos; April 12th, 2019 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
Provos is offline   #866 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old April 26th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Master of Shadows (Drow of the Underdark) is supposed to add one to each of the drow sla but only adds to one. Coding has the 'done' line after each "if" so the code stops there and doesn't add charges to the other two abilities.

The Talent class ability (Courtier class, Rokugan Campaign Setting) should apply to Intelligence and Wisdom based skills as well as Charisma based ones.

Last edited by Illyahr; April 27th, 2019 at 07:40 AM.
Illyahr is offline   #867 Reply With Quote
Gotrek

Send a message via Skype™ to Gotrek

Old April 28th, 2019, 05:55 AM
hi,
Travel Domain doesn't grant Survival as Class Skill.
Gotrek is offline   #868 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Master of Shadows (Drow of the Underdark) is supposed to add one to each of the drow sla but only adds to one. Coding has the 'done' line after each "if" so the code stops there and doesn't add charges to the other two abilities.

The Talent class ability (Courtier class, Rokugan Campaign Setting) should apply to Intelligence and Wisdom based skills as well as Charisma based ones.
Fixed and fixed. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #869 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 30th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrek View Post
hi,
Travel Domain doesn't grant Survival as Class Skill.
Fixed. Thanks
Sendric is offline   #870 Reply With Quote