Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 4th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
No need to catch breath. either they have a date or they dont. Nothing more necessary in the post.
1. This isn't the only thing they'll have to respond to when they get back.
2. The ball is in Paizo's court to fix this, so they have to have a response from Paizo.
3. Paizo is also likely focused on GenCon right now.
4. This won't be the only thing on Paizo's list when they get back.
5. With her new role, BJ has promised to be more accessible and responsive, and she has been.

So, just give it a few days. After this long, that's not a lot to ask.
EightBitz is offline   #481 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 4th, 2018, 02:03 PM
BJ responded to a similar question on FB (insert OMG Facebook rage here) and noted that Realm works will be getting an update in 2018 with more information to be communicate post GenCon.

Quote:
RW will get an update this year. I’ll be posting info on that once I’m back from GC.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; August 4th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
daplunk is offline   #482 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old August 4th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Wow one update this year. I am sooo impressed. *yawn*

I have seen this too often now and nothing actually happened. Nothing to see here please move on.
Tharmiones is offline   #483 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old August 4th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
BJ responded to a similar question on FB (insert OMG Facebook rage here) and noted that Realm works will be getting an update in 2018 with more information to be communicate post GenCon.
Sounds a little ominous...
stuartwaring is offline   #484 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old August 5th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Where? The official ReamWorks facebook page hasn't been updated since 2017.

The HeroLab page just has a couple of recent posts from GenCon and most of the comments are people saying things like:

"Kinda sad that you feel like it's more important to add more products to a platform that can't stay afloat. Really wished you guys would have made HLO "feature complete" to justify a sub and always online feature first. Whatever, I'll wait for the other online features to come before I invest any money in."

"So, we have to pay for additional books AND pay a subscription to access the books we purchase? "

"I can't justify this as anything other than a cash grab. I love having Hero Lab locally. Having to pay for a subscription just to keep what you have purchased seems crazy."

"Can you make HLO more reliable before you add more games?"

" I love hero lab but if they think that i buying another software package that they may support, not going to happen. So where is realmworks patches?"

Looks to me like the existing user base isn't too happy, but they're pushing ahead with new online features rather than fixing up the existing product. Sound familiar?
MaxSupernova is offline   #485 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old August 5th, 2018, 10:59 AM
I hate to say this but I've seen this before LWD has the strong appearance of a company whose business model isn't working. Rather than completing projects and supporting existing projects they are chasing new customers and income streams only to leave them feature incomplete in the ever spiraling search for new income.

Take this PF2 playtest add on to HLO. The playtest will likely only really be active till December when Paizo stops accepting feedback and providing modules and other support. Then there will a 7 month wait for the real PF2 which will be different from the playtest in hopefully many ways, the playtest is teribad IMO, no really 4e bad. Who will really sign up and pay a sub just to get 5 months of access to HLO?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #486 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Where? The official ReamWorks facebook page hasn't been updated since 2017.

The HeroLab page just has a couple of recent posts from GenCon and most of the comments are people saying things like:

"Kinda sad that you feel like it's more important to add more products to a platform that can't stay afloat. Really wished you guys would have made HLO "feature complete" to justify a sub and always online feature first. Whatever, I'll wait for the other online features to come before I invest any money in."

"So, we have to pay for additional books AND pay a subscription to access the books we purchase? "

"I can't justify this as anything other than a cash grab. I love having Hero Lab locally. Having to pay for a subscription just to keep what you have purchased seems crazy."

"Can you make HLO more reliable before you add more games?"

" I love hero lab but if they think that i buying another software package that they may support, not going to happen. So where is realmworks patches?"

Looks to me like the existing user base isn't too happy, but they're pushing ahead with new online features rather than fixing up the existing product. Sound familiar?
I suspect these people are the same disgruntled forum users Whining where ever they can. Hopefully they delete these posts from FB. The negativity of a couple people can harm the company on FB.
Toblakai is offline   #487 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I suspect these people are the same disgruntled forum users Whining where ever they can. Hopefully they delete these posts from FB. The negativity of a couple people can harm the company on FB.
Oh, I think there's things other than users expressing displeasure that are causing problems for the company.
MaxSupernova is offline   #488 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Oh, I think there's things other than users expressing displeasure that are causing problems for the company.
Yeah, the turnover on devs really hurt them.
Toblakai is offline   #489 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 5th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Censoring negative reviews would be a horrible step, improving the products regularly and doing things to keep your customers happy is always better.

People that defend LW and its products always say that the "negative minority" flood the forums, FB and elsewhere and ruin it for everyone. You ever take a moment to think that if the company was doing everything right the positive reviews would flood the negative. Maybe the "LW is perfect" crowd is actually the minority on this?

I love HLC for character management - it has the best leveling and validity checks - I recommend it regularly. I can't do the same for HLO, especially since it only support 2 systems and one of those isn't even a finalized product. I like RW for what it promised to be, but what it is now I can't put a great spin on it anymore. Both HLC and RW need some UI updating to get them to the current expected polish that other competing products are at.
dungeonguru is offline   #490 Reply With Quote