Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

stuartwaring

Old February 22nd, 2018, 03:54 PM
I too have been waiting patiently (more or less) for the content market, and like MNBlockhead am time poor, so would love to buy AP's which we play at our table so that market definitely exists (which I guess is a big part of the plan for LWD).

Can I also just say to BJ that these more regular check ins, even when they do not tell us a lot, are really appreciated. At least we do not feel ignored any more, which I think was driving a lot of frustration some time ago.

Kia ora BJ!
stuartwaring is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Can I also just say to BJ that these more regular check ins, even when they do not tell us a lot, are really appreciated. At least we do not feel ignored any more, which I think was driving a lot of frustration some time ago.!
I agree with this comment, to a degree. However, I still think Lone Wolf is treating their Kickstarter backers poorly - there's plenty of people who backed the project that do not visit these forums. They deserve to know what's going on. Posting updates to Kickstarter should be a priority.
alientude is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
I too have been waiting patiently (more or less) for the content market, and like MNBlockhead am time poor, so would love to buy AP's which we play at our table so that market definitely exists (which I guess is a big part of the plan for LWD).

Can I also just say to BJ that these more regular check ins, even when they do not tell us a lot, are really appreciated. At least we do not feel ignored any more, which I think was driving a lot of frustration some time ago.

Kia ora BJ!
So glad it’s been helpful for you!
BJ is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
I agree with this comment, to a degree. However, I still think Lone Wolf is treating their Kickstarter backers poorly - there's plenty of people who backed the project that do not visit these forums. They deserve to know what's going on. Posting updates to Kickstarter should be a priority.
Never fear, I fully intend to make a backer update in the near future.

Also, we’ve just fixed a bug for Kickstarter backers who were unable to login due to a need to update their personal info. Anyone having this issue needs to simply login to the store, update their personal information to have valid data (e.g. a reasonable birthdate), and then should be able to go back to RW and login successfully.
BJ is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old February 22nd, 2018, 07:24 PM
Right now, I wish you could have another kickstarter or a gofundme event geared towards hiring another developer or two for things other then the content market. I'd gladly contribute a few extra dollars for a few specific features like 'Calendars'. I'd just like to be assured that the developer(s) would work on non content market features.

Maybe have separate funding for each feature so you know what has top priority by its funding.

Anyway, just want to see someone kick the tires and rev the engine. Oh... maybe have a pretty girl out front with a flag ready to start the drag race too.
Viking2054 is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I am in talks to get other licenses in place while we wait for the API issue to be solved and we are working on adding 5E content from 3PPs. Book of Lairs, Tome of Beasts, and Creature Components should all be available at launch, for example.

If you're talking about the Legendary Games book Trail of the Apprentice, I actually wrote a cameo bit for that. I'm not sure when exactly we will have it but I suspect we will have it.
I didn't realize you were involved with Trail of the Apprentice. Your Playground Adventures modules were my sons' introduction to DnD and now we are playing through the Trail of the Apprentice adventure path.

I'll definitely buy Book of Lairs and Tome of Beasts.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:11 AM
i'd just love to be able to export my realm so i can share it with other people.

it's been over 3 months since i put in my bug report for this.

over 1.5 years now since i put in bug reports for shadowrun hero lab that still go unfixed/ addressed.

so sad, it seems lone wolf has fallen and can't get up.
adzling is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
I didn't realize you were involved with Trail of the Apprentice. Your Playground Adventures modules were my sons' introduction to DnD and now we are playing through the Trail of the Apprentice adventure path.

I'll definitely buy Book of Lairs and Tome of Beasts.
Oh, how wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I always get a smile out of children using our products, or any products for that matter, to get started in gaming. How old is your son?

I was just a bonus author, it was really Paris who did the heavy lifting. I mostly do brief appearances these days, as I don't have time to work on the bigger projects anymore. It might interest you to know, I just sent Into the Feyweald to the team to enter into Realm Works.

Woot! Both of those are good books. I have the special edition leather cover of Tome of Beasts and love it! Kobold Press produces good products and they're wonderful to work with as well.
BJ is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
i'd just love to be able to export my realm so i can share it with other people.

it's been over 3 months since i put in my bug report for this.

over 1.5 years now since i put in bug reports for shadowrun hero lab that still go unfixed/ addressed.

so sad, it seems lone wolf has fallen and can't get up.
Hiya Adzling!

Many apologies for your delays. The bug you and I were discussing that affects being able to change the game system structure is actually one of the bugs that we flagged to focus on for the next release, so there is hope!

While I can't promise they're the bugs you want to be fixed as we haven't prioritized them yet, we have been turning back toward Shadowrun these last few weeks and discussing how we can allocate time to repair some of the major issues there as well. Also, Forbidden Arcana is nearly complete.

Hope that helps!
BJ is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 24th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Right now, I wish you could have another kickstarter or a gofundme event geared towards hiring another developer or two for things other then the content market. I'd gladly contribute a few extra dollars for a few specific features like 'Calendars'. I'd just like to be assured that the developer(s) would work on non content market features.
I think I could get behind this idea :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Anyway, just want to see someone kick the tires and rev the engine. Oh... maybe have a pretty girl out front with a flag ready to start the drag race too.
Pretty girls are always a plus - that is; if we are even allowed to say and have that in this day and age...

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #60 Reply With Quote