Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Today's update includes the heightened integration of the Vault with character content that I'd mentioned a couple times in other threads. If you have access to the Vault for a particular book, the descriptions of most things from that book will now be drawn from the Vault data, meaning they'll include all the reference links that the Vault does. We've also done a fair bit of overhaul to improve descriptions in general, so that things that don't have Vault data will use the nicer presentation format that the Vault does, as well as utilizing features it added to present additional information as links rather than as a bunch of extra description text. Example being if something adds a spell, instead of the description tacking on that spell's info, the spell's name will now appear in a list of references at the bottom which can be clicked to open a popover with the full info of that spell (which will also use the Vault data for that spell if applicable, even if the source thing does not have Vault data).

We've done a lot of testing on this, but as always, if you run into anything weird be sure to send us a bug report so we can take a look. Hope you all enjoy the new utility and nicer presentation as I have been!
Daniel V is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old September 14th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Daniel. I'm one of the people who doesn't have much use for the vault as a stand-alone rules reference, but it is wonderful to see things like the descriptions of all actions for a skill return to the character sheet. And the vault presentation is lovely.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
XeroxCopycat

Old September 15th, 2023, 12:08 AM
Now I've already logged this as a bug report earlier this evening, but I'm getting a lot of issues tonight where certain content that I already own and use through HLO is now coming up with the "Access to this content requires PDF ownership." message. Mainly relating to ancestry information (ancient elf for example), certain job information (inventor innovations), and so on.
XeroxCopycat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2023, 02:40 PM
Yeah there was apparently a bug in the code that we're working on rolling a fix out for. I'm not up on the details of all of it, I know LO Character Guide was affected due to some back end stuff pertaining to getting that added, but all in all a fix should be rolling out for a few issue in about 5 minutes.
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old September 18th, 2023, 08:12 PM
One thing I am noticing is that since weapons are linked to the base item and pulling that description from the vault, it's no longer showing the current item level of your weapon based on the runes that have been attached. I think we used to get the calculated level of the item including runes.
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2023, 09:10 PM
Ah yeah that would get overwritten. I've added it to look into once we get some time. I'm thinking we can probably put it in the Use In-Play details, with other calculated stats.
Daniel V is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tilo wofl

Old September 25th, 2023, 06:53 PM
Can anyone give me an answer on how to fix this error problem?
tilo wofl is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 27th, 2023, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilo wofl View Post
Can anyone give me an answer on how to fix this error problem?
A good start for people to help you, would be to state what your problem is. It's also a good idea to create a new thread (in the right forum) if you're posting here, and you can always report bugs through the HLO app itself.
This also assumes that you actually have a genuine problem, and aren't a spammer/advertiser like your profile suggests!

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #8 Reply With Quote