Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JimP

Send a message via AIM to JimP Send a message via MSN to JimP Send a message via Yahoo to JimP

Old September 19th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Vampire Counts:

Adding a Master Necromaster as the Leader of Army encountered a validation issue when adding the following magic items.

Added Power Stones X 3 then when I added Spell familiar created a validation issue.

One or more magic items is taken more than once.
Unit 'Master Necromancer': One or more options are not valid

To assist in bugging I reversed the magic items and it was consistant with getting the error when adding a second item to the master necromancer created the validation error.

I have checked the 6th addition book and posted to the warmongers bulletin board and GW's bb and was told by all posters that master necromasters can have more than one magic item.

If you have any questions please email me at;

Jim@opimaconsulting.com

Respectfully submitted.

Jim P
JimP is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old September 19th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Since it claims 'more than once', you either have another character with the same item as the Necro, or it's freaking over the powerstones somehow, I would say.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 19th, 2005, 02:31 PM
The Power stone needs the same script that the dispell scroll has...Normally you can only take one of each kind of Magic item (armor, weapon, arcane, etc.) but Power stones and dispell scrolls are the exception...The dispell scroll works properly but the power stone doesn't...
deathlynx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
robert

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM
hi, you should already be able to take as many powerstones as you want. you canot have power stones and a spell familiar on the same model because that counts as 2 arcane items, and only 1 is allowed. are you sure you are using the most uptodate version of the datafiles?
robert is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
deathlynx

Old October 6th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately I can'y find my Red Tome at the moment but I could have sword that the Power Stones had the same lifting of restrictions that the Dispell Scroll did...
deathlynx is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old October 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
deathlynx, they're not similar to dispel scrolls. You can take multiples of them on one model but they still take up the arcane item slot. The rules text of power stones is different from the one of dispel scroll - read BRB very carefully and take notice.
GMTemplar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote