Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TopCat

Old March 1st, 2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
TopCat Are the spell-book dossiers that are already in place not what you are looking for?
As FifthWanderer said, the current sheet only outputs the cleric's prepared spells. It would be good to be able to print out all the spells available to the character. A Wizard has the option of printing out his prepared spells or his spellbook.

The PCGen output that Kinnakeeter posted above is a great example of what I'm looking for. I think this is the one (and only) area where PCGen wins over Hero Lab - my players love the fact that all the DCs, durations, ranges, effects, etc get calculated for them.
TopCat is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
As FifthWanderer said, the current sheet only outputs the cleric's prepared spells. It would be good to be able to print out all the spells available to the character. A Wizard has the option of printing out his prepared spells or his spellbook.
Until we can get this capability added, you can easily accomplish this yourself with a tiny bit of effort. Since Hero Lab doesn't impose any rules on you, it's easy to ignore validation errors. Simply create a cleric (or other similar class) and add all the spells to him. Then print the spell list. It will include all the spells you added.

If you want to keep the character around for later printing of the spell list again, that's as simple as saving the character. Heck, you could even create separate characters for each spell level, allowing you to re-print all the spells for a given spell level on demand.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
thegneech

Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to just click here?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-...lists---cleric

-The Gneech
thegneech is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
bocephus

Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegneech View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just click here?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/spell-...lists---cleric

-The Gneech
Well, considering that doesn't list range, DC & Saving Throw, school/domain/etc, time or duration, or comp... not really. As for clicking through on the links, not everybody uses a laptop when they play. I think this is more about having a nice automatically compiled detailed reference sheet.
bocephus is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mahrdol

Old March 4th, 2010, 09:05 AM
If you change the character output please don't change the Image size. I like having a nice sized character image as it is now.

Thanks
Mahrdol is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old March 4th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrdol View Post
If you change the character output please don't change the Image size. I like having a nice sized character image as it is now.

Thanks
Or make it a option.
Mindcloud is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Haligon

Old April 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
First off, great program; It's quick and handles everything I've needed it to (so far )

As far as outputs...
Is there any possibility of editing the outputs so we can make customizations on our own? Does the Authoring Kit allow this, or is there a file that can be hand-edited?

Even if there is no GUI to do so, I'm willing to play around with files to see about getting a sheet more to my needs....

Presuming that this is simply not an option, these are the requests I have for character sheet output.

- Current Resource Tracking: If a character has a Wand with only 3 charges left, I'd like to see only 3 boxes in the Tracked Resources section of the character sheet (these sheets get printed out for my group, so having an accurate count on the sheet is important).

- Combined character sheet/spell sheet options. Since I don't have Adobe Pro, I can't combine the two outputs into a single file. In the past, I've posted character sheets onto a website, and it would be more convenient to be able to create a single file with all of the appropriate data.

- This last may be more of a workaround than anything else, but would a simple two-column text file output (Field Name, Field Value) be an option? Given that, I could likely create any kind of HTML sheet I wanted and pull in the values via Javascript...

thanks again for an excellent product
Haligon is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mindcloud

Old April 4th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haligon View Post
First off, great program; It's quick and handles everything I've needed it to (so far )

As far as outputs...
Is there any possibility of editing the outputs so we can make customizations on our own? Does the Authoring Kit allow this, or is there a file that can be hand-edited?

Even if there is no GUI to do so, I'm willing to play around with files to see about getting a sheet more to my needs....

Presuming that this is simply not an option, these are the requests I have for character sheet output.

- Current Resource Tracking: If a character has a Wand with only 3 charges left, I'd like to see only 3 boxes in the Tracked Resources section of the character sheet (these sheets get printed out for my group, so having an accurate count on the sheet is important).

- Combined character sheet/spell sheet options. Since I don't have Adobe Pro, I can't combine the two outputs into a single file. In the past, I've posted character sheets onto a website, and it would be more convenient to be able to create a single file with all of the appropriate data.

- This last may be more of a workaround than anything else, but would a simple two-column text file output (Field Name, Field Value) be an option? Given that, I could likely create any kind of HTML sheet I wanted and pull in the values via Javascript...

thanks again for an excellent product
I like that Idea a CSV output is an excellent Idea! Or maybe a XML output. I.E. Node 1 = character 1, attribite1 = strength = 15 ect...
Mindcloud is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
As far as outputs...
It's not currently possible, but this is very high on our priority list for Hero Lab. It's something that needs to be implemented within the core engine before we can leverage it for each game system. We haven't finalized what's going to be included in the next feature release of HL, but this currently looks to be a likely one.

When this gets added, it will produce an XML file that can be parsed and transformed however you wish. Alternately, you can write your own XSL to format it as desired.
rob is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Current Resource Tracking: If a character has a Wand with only 3 charges left, I'd like to see only 3 boxes in the Tracked Resources section of the character sheet (these sheets get printed out for my group, so having an accurate count on the sheet is important).
I'm not sure what's involved in this, but Mathias can definitely add this to the todo list for a future update.

Quote:
Combined character sheet/spell sheet options. Since I don't have Adobe Pro, I can't combine the two outputs into a single file. In the past, I've posted character sheets onto a website, and it would be more convenient to be able to create a single file with all of the appropriate data.
Have you considered the other web output options included within Hero Lab? You can output statblocks that are pre-formatted for HTML, BBCode, and/or Wiki syntax. Would these give you what you want?

Failing that, it's possible to combine different character sheet output elements into a single "dossier", which will print them out together. You'll need to add your own data file to do this, but it shouldn't be difficult, unless there's a technical issue with the Pathfinder files that I'm unaware of. Mathias ought to be able to give you the specifics on this when he gets a chance.

Quote:
This last may be more of a workaround than anything else, but would a simple two-column text file output (Field Name, Field Value) be an option? Given that, I could likely create any kind of HTML sheet I wanted and pull in the values via Javascript...
This would be a viable stopgap solution if we don't get the customizable XML output implemented.
rob is offline   #20 Reply With Quote