Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

d20Maverick

Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
I may have found another bug in HL for M&M 3e. I created a Gargantuan vehicle, and it showed up with a Defense of -6, instead of the -4 that the M&M3e Hero's Handbook says should be assigned to it. I also went back through the sizes, and Hero lab assigns a -2 to Large instead of -1 as it should be.
d20Maverick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:27 AM
My copy of DC Adventures says Defense values are 0 for Medium, -2 for Large, up to -10 for Awesome-sized vehicles. Was this changed in the M&M3 rulebook? It isn't in the errata...
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Yes, it apparently was. According to the table on M&M3e p. 170, Medium vehicles kept the 0 Defense score, but Large vehicles now have a -1 Defense score, with Huge getting -2, Gargantuan getting -4, Colossal gets -8, and Awesome gets -12.
d20Maverick is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 9th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Is that the PDF? My print copy of the M&M3 book has the same -2 per level over Medium that the DCA book has.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old March 9th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Yep, that's the PDF. I haven't checked my print copy yet, because it's at home. It's odd that they would change it for the PDF and not for the print copy.
d20Maverick is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Deadmannumberone

Old March 9th, 2011, 11:29 AM
The print copy cannot be changed once printed, and was likely printed a couple months ago, while the PDF version can be changed any time.
Deadmannumberone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old March 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Which then begs the question - When a discrepancy occurs, which one is correct?
d20Maverick is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2011, 12:51 PM
This is truly an enigma wrapped in a mystery. I've emailed GR for clarification about this...
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2011, 01:36 PM
OK, I have it on good authority that it's still -2/-4/-6, so I'm not sure why your copy would say differently. Are you sure you have the latest version of the PDF? I know sometimes updated versions become available that you can download...
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old March 9th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
OK, I have it on good authority that it's still -2/-4/-6, so I'm not sure why your copy would say differently. Are you sure you have the latest version of the PDF? I know sometimes updated versions become available that you can download...
Jon tells me that the way printing works, is that sometimes they'll catch things after the PDF is sent in and correct them on a physical "Proof" copy, then send that back to the printer for the final print run. Maybe this is one of those things they caught after the PDF went out? My print copy has the correct size modifiers listed... but my PDF shows the -1, -2, -4, -8, -12 progression mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Shadowchaser; March 9th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #10 Reply With Quote