Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Caliber42

Old April 7th, 2023, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
FR is not part of the Community Pack, it's a separate download. Check out this thread. Most likely you downloaded this on your PC but not the Mac.
I don't have TobyFox Forgotten Realms. It kept sending my Mac into recovery mode, and I didn't download it on my desktop.

-Cal
Caliber42 is offline   #1791 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 8th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliber42 View Post
I don't have TobyFox Forgotten Realms. It kept sending my Mac into recovery mode, and I didn't download it on my desktop.
If that isn't the FR files that you have on your PC then I'm curious where they came from. Your only other option is to locate the files on your PC and try to copy them over to the Mac.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1792 Reply With Quote
bennowak

Old April 11th, 2023, 12:11 PM
In the Ultimate Psionics - races file, great job of getting everything entered, but... The traits are all entered as an Alt Trait so not available in the race builder. Should these not be entered as Custom Race Trait with an RP value instead?
Let's say I wanted to add the Advanced template to an Elan. There is no way to do this in the Race Builder since none of the Psionic traits are available.
bennowak is offline   #1793 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 12th, 2023, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennowak View Post
In the Ultimate Psionics - races file, great job of getting everything entered, but... The traits are all entered as an Alt Trait so not available in the race builder. Should these not be entered as Custom Race Trait with an RP value instead?
Both books came out at a similar time, though I don't know when Ult Psionics was coded. I will note the UPs does not have RP's in the book (that I can see) and the Advanced Race Guide doesn't mention the races in UP either.
The traits were probably entered as Alt Traits, so that they show up as such in HL.
I understand your point with the Race Builder, but it's unlikely anyone in the Community is going to rework the file. If you have RP values from somewhere else, perhaps you can copy-paste the traits into a new user file as Custom race traits.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #1794 Reply With Quote
bennowak

Old April 13th, 2023, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the direction Dami.
Evaluating what is in the Feats file and filtering out those with high level requirements and/or class specific brings the list down to about 30 Traits and Feats that would need to be replicated as race adjustments. So a lot more manageable than the almost 300 supplied.
bennowak is offline   #1795 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 22nd, 2023, 01:24 PM
I need some help understanding why my "Adjust Caster Level -> Evoker" isn't changing the caster level when I look at prepared spells for my Ftr1/Wiz14 character. Are there any known fringe cases that I might be bumping up against? This char does have the feat that allows the fighter level to be added to caster level, and also a tattoo that bumps the evoker level by one as well (maybe the one added by the Community Pack isn't stacking or something?). If there's a way to see everything that's being added in (or not added in) when calculating CL, I could look at that to see if I can figure out the problem.

Thanks, everyone; particularly SC — I use the Community Pack all the time and I love it!
Azhrei is offline   #1796 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old July 24th, 2023, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
I need some help understanding why my "Adjust Caster Level -> Evoker" isn't changing the caster level when I look at prepared spells for my Ftr1/Wiz14 character.
Improving the effective caster level usually does just that. It does not give you extra spells known or spell slots, it improves your effective level for things like duration, damage done, # of targets, etc. In other words, it does not grant you the full benefits of an extra character level in the casting class!
Lord Magus is offline   #1797 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old July 24th, 2023, 09:35 AM
Yeah, that's why I don't understand why the calculation that shows up in the spell description doesn't show the increase... I've got the adjustment set for +1 Evoker, then I look at a spell and it shows CL15. I turn off the adjustment and the spell still says CL15. Clearly, something isn't getting added in.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to HLC scripting, but I will probably take a look at it to see if there's some other hidden condition that isn't satisfied.

Thanks for the reply.
Azhrei is offline   #1798 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 24th, 2023, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that's why I don't understand why the calculation that shows up in the spell description doesn't show the increase... I've got the adjustment set for +1 Evoker, then I look at a spell and it shows CL15. I turn off the adjustment and the spell still says CL15. Clearly, something isn't getting added in.

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to HLC scripting, but I will probably take a look at it to see if there's some other hidden condition that isn't satisfied.

Thanks for the reply.
Could the increase be capped by your character level?
Sendric is online now   #1799 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old July 24th, 2023, 06:14 PM
Quote:
I turn off the adjustment and the spell still says CL15. Clearly, something isn't getting added in.

Does the script on your adjustment begin with a line turning the script off if the adjustment is not selected? Something along the lines of

Code:
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)
Lord Magus is offline   #1800 Reply With Quote