Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Ualaa

Old September 28th, 2019, 05:58 AM
My saved hero lab portfolios (within Realm Works) can integrate into the 32-bit version of Hero Lab.

If I'm running the 64-bit version of HL, then the option to integrate into open portfolio is greyed out and unavailable.

It would be awesome if we could use HL 64-bit with RW.
Ualaa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 28th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Sadly, that was the point of my question in the Announcement of the release of 64-bit HeroLab. During the beta, the different name of the executable made that the likely reason why RealmWorks integration was not working. Perhaps I should have reported it as a bug to be sure it wasn't overlooked, though.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 28th, 2019, 08:28 AM
This is very disappointing. I use that ability all the time.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 28th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Cant you try to rename said executable and / or link it to the other file? (I dont use HL)

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 29th, 2019, 04:14 PM
RW has the option of storing a HL portfolio within the RW database. You can click the link from within RW and view the portfolio while still within RW.

If you have an active HL portfolio open, the second box has the option of adding whatever is linked in the RW-HL portfolio to the open HL portfolio with a dialogue box very similar to when you import creatures from another portfolio into the already open HL portfolio.

I can create a character with the 32-bit or the 64-bit HL executable and save them fine. I can open them with the other version without issue.

HL sometimes crashes on me, when I have seven player characters in one portfolio plus say a couple mounts, eidolons or Conjuration companions.
And I've integrated one each of the four types of mobs that are part of the encounter.
That might be 15 things open in the same portfolio.

When the players have defeated whatever, I have the option of taking loot from the defeated creatures and transferring to another creature in the portfolio.
Sometimes HL crashes when transferring items.
Other times it doesn't.
I transfer one item and then save.
And then another and save.

The other time it frequently crashes is once the transfers are done and I take the active portfolio (that the characters are all saved into) and have it delete all of the hostiles.
That could the same as just delete multiple creatures, and pick the ones that aren't necessary any longer.
It seems as likely as deleting just one and then another.

I'm pretty much in the habit of a quick Control S, anytime I do just about anything.

The 64-bit version, with a lot more memory, doesn't crash at all.
It's awesome, even for larger portfolios with the characters and the pets, and maybe the characters are gestalt and mythic.
But it won't integrate with my RW portfolios...
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 29th, 2019, 11:01 PM
If RW auto-launches the 32-bit version of HL then all the HL data files will get recompiled for the 32-bit executable.

This means that when you next launch HL outside of RW (which would launch the 64-bit version of HL) then it will, again, recompile the data files for the 64-bit executable.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 14th, 2019, 06:20 PM
The 8.9a verson doesn't allow my Realm Works portfolios to integrate into either the 32-bit or the 64-bit Hero Lab.

Long term, it doesn't make sense to not use the latest version of HL, as something will require the most recent version.

Unfortunately, there is no integration with the latest version.

I can store my adversaries/monsters as portfolios just fine, but one of the main reasons for RW for me at least was the integration.
I certainly wouldn't have bought all the Bestiaries for RW, given that I already owned them all for HL classic, if I had known the integration was going to be removed.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 16th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I certainly wouldn't have bought all the Bestiaries for RW, given that I already owned them all for HL classic, if I had known the integration was going to be removed.
This. Although I haven't bought all of the Bestiaries it was my plan to do so. Not so much, if I can't integrate the HL encounters. So that's about $75 they could (eventually) have from me if they'd at least keep RW updated enough to maintain the HL integration.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dgagnon99

Old November 18th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Rather disappointing to learn. Like many of you, this was one feature that I made regular use in my ongoing campaign. Given the state of affairs, I can only hope that development of RW could restart one of those days.
dgagnon99 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 19th, 2019, 03:21 AM
I bought almost all of them, to what? Find out the market was a cash grab before shutting the door on RW. Id love to move on to new pastures, but i have years of work in RW, my faith was not well placed.

Sad to see it so quickly be cast aside after the market release. One would think since RW and HL are LWD IPs they would at least fix this, if nothing else.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote