Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old September 10th, 2019, 06:19 AM
I've noticed that spells like Leomund's Tiny Hut have the proper names removed in the community pack. That one's now just called "Tiny Hut." However, other things are changed, not just dropping the name; Aganazzar's Scorcher is now Mage's Scorcher.

I assume this is part of our efforts to ensure we're respecting the copyright of the game, which we should continue to do.

My question is this: is there a set of criteria that has been already created to determine how we handle these? Or is it up to whoever's programming them?

I'm looking at Acquisitions Incorporated and there's a spell called Jim's Magic Missile. Obviously that one cant just have Jim dropped.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 10th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Not aware of any specific guidelines on this. The challenge is to get them so they are called something different but still identifiable as the original spell. It's really a case by case basis.

Magic Missile is in the SRD so that's fine so I'd use something like J's Magic Missile.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dark_crane

Old September 11th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Or Kirk's Magic Missile .. though I suppose that would be more "Kirk's.. Magic...... Missile!" The verbal component of the spell is "KHAAAAAANNNN!!!"
dark_crane is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dwobbit

Old February 3rd, 2020, 03:59 PM
I just create a "New (Copy)" of the spell, change the name, give it a new id ( sXXxxxxx ---where XX is your unique User Identifier and xxxxx is the original name after the first s). Then I put the original thing id into the field for "Replaces Thing Id".
dwobbit is offline   #4 Reply With Quote