Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ChrisKSeal

Old December 7th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Hi Lone Wolf,

First let me thank you for the best campaign manager that I have found, and please humour me as I make a request.

I, like many others, have been awaiting the advent of calendars in Realm Works since I discovered the product (I missed the Kickstarter though, curse it). I understand that the code for this is written and works in the Beta version, but the interface is not up to snuff. Might I humbly request that you open access to this incomplete code for those of us who would greatly appreciate custom calendars in Realm Works.

I would be happy to pay a reasonable sum for this as an 'upgrade' complete with whatever caveats are required by you. As someone who has been using Realm Works for several years now I am not going to be 'put off' Realm Works by a difficult interface and am happy to delve into a little coding if required to get this implementation to work.

For me personally, with a world with a non-standard calendar in which the cyclic nature of time is fundamental to the game, having access to custom calendars would mean that Realm Works is the perfect campaign manager.

I appreciate that this request has been made in the past, but given the current circumstances around the fate of Realm Works, felt that it was worth asking again.

Thanks again and thank you for considering this request.

Cheers
Chris
ChrisKSeal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kusar

Old December 17th, 2019, 11:20 AM
I would like to echo this request. I have multiple non-standard calendars in use in my campaign, and would very much like to be able to use the calendar system.
Thank you very much!
Kusar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 27th, 2019, 01:32 AM
This has been asked before, my understanding is that it is too undeveloped to be of much use to most people. I lot of us have expressed willingness to deal with that, but I can understand that they don't want to have to support people with an alpha functionality that is going to frustrate most users--especially as they are not actively developing the product any more.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 27th, 2019, 01:49 AM
It's not in a usable state.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 08:33 AM
Yeah, nothing we can really do but hang on and hope they change their minds about RW.

Maybe after HLO and CT are finished they'll get back to it. Though if it were up to me they'd abandon all that nonsense, or at least monetize it better so they could justify the required work to bring PF1e content into it with a focus on getting back to Realm Works as a primary project.

But of course, no one asked me.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old February 2nd, 2020, 09:01 AM
I don't think they will make Realm Works as their primary project. It is probably their favorite one (or at least the LWD owner), but it does not generate enough revenue. At the moment my hope is HLO and HLC to sell good so LWD are financially stable and at some point back to RW for maintenance and small quality of life enhancements.

Still RW is the best tool and I am not going away from it, unless there is another product with the same level of maturity, features and most importantly - offline and no subscription based.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:33 PM
Once they have enough revenue from other projects, they can diversify into others such as Realm Works.

I'd like them to add systems like 5e (even if just the SRD) and Pathfinder to Hero Lab Online, and expand Shadowrun 6e, Pathfinder 2e and Starfinder, so they generate massive revenue from HLO. If PF (1e) with Community Package and 3pp (Spheres) were available on HLO with the campaign theater, I'd pay for that service (not just a minimal amount to cover cost of the servers).

On our plus side, RW is the baby of the owner of the company, so once it's economically viable, this would be a project that he'd love to come back to.
On the minus side, it's not currently viable for their resources to be spent here.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Once they have enough revenue from other projects, they can diversify into others such as Realm Works.

I'd like them to add systems like 5e (even if just the SRD) and Pathfinder to Hero Lab Online, and expand Shadowrun 6e, Pathfinder 2e and Starfinder, so they generate massive revenue from HLO. If PF (1e) with Community Package and 3pp (Spheres) were available on HLO with the campaign theater, I'd pay for that service (not just a minimal amount to cover cost of the servers).

On our plus side, RW is the baby of the owner of the company, so once it's economically viable, this would be a project that he'd love to come back to.
On the minus side, it's not currently viable for their resources to be spent here.
You make an excellent point.

Reviving some optimism for me there. (Edit: Thanks for that, you da real mvp)

I want to support LWD and use HLO but I'm having a really hard time getting on board with PF2e.

Last edited by Raistlindantilus; February 2nd, 2020 at 03:46 PM.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 4th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Really hoping they still get back to it. Rehire the old crew and live the dream.
As stated earlier some paid upgrades are completely okay and reasonable to justify development costs for a nice product... (imho)

Well, maybe xmas present for 2020, yes?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Raistlindantilus

Old February 4th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Really hoping they still get back to it. Rehire the old crew and live the dream.
As stated earlier some paid upgrades are completely okay and reasonable to justify development costs for a nice product... (imho)

Well, maybe xmas present for 2020, yes?
We can only hope
Raistlindantilus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote