Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2019, 07:41 AM
Thanks, K1ngB00! Submitting these things really helps.
Lj Stephens is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 17th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngb00 View Post
Hm! This is interesting! I had checked these off and re-saved them within the editor to see what happens, but it didn't seem to do anything upon loading them in the encounter builder.... could you maybe PM me this info so that I could try it out?
This setting is not controlled within the editor. They are controlled from within the *.stock files that are basically the same as *.por files but are hosted within the data/5e folder.

What you would need to do is open the *.stock file and go through the list of monsters doing a Ctrl-K and enabling the options just like you would with a normal character.

Now the issue you need to consider, is those *.stock files are controlled by the Community Packs. So when the next update is released your changes will be overridden. To avoid this you can save the *.stock files under a different name and maintain your own copy.

Updating the SRD monsters is a bit more challenging. You would need to create your own *.stock file from scratch.

It's a pain but one I've managed to get around due to the Realm Works work-around.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old August 19th, 2019, 06:14 AM
That begs the question; as we go through and create the .stock files for MTOF and the other unfinished sourcebooks, would the community prefer we release them with the full statblock enabled by default? It would be a pain in the rear end to go back and do this for the other existing ones, but easy enough as we go forward.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 19th, 2019, 02:25 PM
We should make a poll. I'd prefer them with stat block for sure.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 19th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I would caution against turning the show statblock summary window option on for everything if that's what you're talking about.

That setting is under "Experimental Options" and I've tried to turn it on for stock files only to get an error on procedure "GetHDText" that doesn't crash me but doesn't make me think its very stable.
dungeonguru is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 19th, 2019, 07:18 PM
I've had issues with one version of the view. Not the other though. It's the more detailed one that works.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
k1ngb00

Old August 24th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Quote:
I'd prefer them with stat block for sure.
^ 100p
k1ngb00 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote