Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

arclight79

Old March 17th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Where is the new book does it say you can use Chaos Dwarves units? I must have missed that totally? And even if it's so, can one disable them? I really dislike seeing them, mainly cause everyone here don't look at the chaos dwarves as valid troops and very unbalanced, so they just take up lots off space :P Tried to look in the woc file in the editor, but can't even see them in the file.

Also, for some reason the special chars don't show up in the WoC army, but they show up in all other armies. What could be wrong?
arclight79 is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:58 AM
You must read the chaos dwarf book, it states blah blah these unit may be taken in a standard warriors of chaos army with the following restrictions. If you would like further details PM me I will cite you the exact rules as written.

Special characters will be in the April release. It also said that each time you loaded the dataset
EdSteiner is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Keeper

Old March 17th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Two things.
Eye of the gods nr 7: "Eye Is Closed" should be "The Eye Opens".
Forsaken have Chaos Armour not Heavy Armour.

Thanks for making an awesome product!
Keeper is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
arclight79

Old March 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Intressting, never read the chaos dwarves book. So a reason I never found it then. Thanks for enlighting me Is there a way for me to add another listing for armies so it would look like this maybe:

Warriors of Chaos
Warriors of Chaos (inc Chaos Dwarves)

Where the top one is clean of chaos dwarves and the bottom is the current one?
arclight79 is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old March 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
You must read the chaos dwarf book, it states blah blah these unit may be taken in a standard warriors of chaos army with the following restrictions. If you would like further details PM me I will cite you the exact rules as written.
I understand your position and no have trouble just bypassing the CD units as necessary.

On the other hand, there are quite a few FW units that are similar no-restriction (may use along with the regular armybook units) additions to existing mainstream armies that still have the FW restriction flag. Presumably not because they aren't "official" but because FW isn't universally accepted like a real armybook release, GW FAQ, or White Dwarf update.
naloth is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
fischerrandy

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
1) Hero/sorcerer on a demonic steed does not reflect the proper 3 wounds on the profile. In fact the Demonic Steed shows 1 wound. This is in error.

2) Soulfeeder notes should read "Wounds inflicted by the character", not "Wounds inflicted by the model" This makes it appear that the mount can contribute to soulfeeder and it cannot.
fischerrandy is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischerrandy View Post
1) Hero/sorcerer on a demonic steed does not reflect the proper 3 wounds on the profile. In fact the Demonic Steed shows 1 wound. This is in error.
Fixed for 2.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischerrandy View Post
2) Soulfeeder notes should read "Wounds inflicted by the character", not "Wounds inflicted by the model" This makes it appear that the mount can contribute to soulfeeder and it cannot.
You are correct on the text error. Fixed for 2.55
EdSteiner is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Two things.
Eye of the gods nr 7: "Eye Is Closed" should be "The Eye Opens".
Forsaken have Chaos Armour not Heavy Armour.

Thanks for making an awesome product!
Fixed for 2.55
EdSteiner is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
khorne45

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:43 AM
1. Talisman of * + MoT + Shield do not appear to be added in the Ward Save stat on a Chaos Lord (e.g. MoT + Talisman of Preservation + shield lists a WSv of 6+)

2. Similar issue with Helm of Many Eyes on the Chaos Lord; does not appear to subtract 1 from the Sv, just replaces it with 6+

Great work Ed, keep it up!
khorne45 is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Keeper

Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Demonic Gifts is now "Chaos Mutations & Powers" and contains Magic Items.
These need to be checked against the ordinary Items so you can't equip two Magic Weapons or Arcane Items. I can equip a Chaos Familiar and a Dispel scroll without an error now.
Keeper is offline   #90 Reply With Quote