Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 968

Old April 30th, 2015, 08:35 PM
A new release for Realm Works is now available, and we also announced some important news about cloud service. Please head over to our website for more information about Realm Works cloud service and the Content Market.

This new update requires a login to proceed after installation! This is necessary to sync important changes to your data before it can be utilized. This release has a number of enhancements, and should also fix a number of issues that some of you were encountering. If you still have issues following this new update, please update your support ticket by sending a follow-up email or send us a new bug report. To see the full list of changes and enhancements, please take a look at the Release Notes available within the product.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Twin Cities Area, MN, USA
Posts: 1,322

Old April 30th, 2015, 09:51 PM
"Newly created tabs now inherit the expand/collapse state of the navigation pane."

Thank you!
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old April 30th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
"Newly created tabs now inherit the expand/collapse state of the navigation pane."

Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This will be such a huge help to those of us with LOTS of information entered in our realm.

Thank you!
Ruhar

P.S. Did I say thank you?
ruhar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old April 30th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Liz, I eagerly read about the changes and looked at my realm but I still have the problem where it seems to be sorting by Topic Kind then Alphabetically. (Discussion) Do you know what the status is on this problem? I'm hoping it gets fixed eventually or I get info on what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
Ruhar
ruhar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,232

Old May 1st, 2015, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Liz, I eagerly read about the changes and looked at my realm but I still have the problem where it seems to be sorting by Topic Kind then Alphabetically. (Discussion) Do you know what the status is on this problem? I'm hoping it gets fixed eventually or I get info on what I'm doing wrong.
This one is in on my plate. I looked into it and was unable to reproduce the problem, so there's something more complex going on here that will require in-depth investigation.

Unfortunately, my plate right now is buried about 10 feet down under a sea of urgent tasks with my name on them. So I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to give this the time and attention necessary to solve it. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the unfortunate reality right now. The bug is definitely on our (my) radar.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Talinthalas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16

Old May 1st, 2015, 03:53 AM
So with the suspension of cloud services expiring, does that mean that the clock has stopped, so for example if you have 6 months you will have a month left when it restarts, or if you have 12 you would have 7 when it restarts? Or does that just mean no accounts expire until it restarts and everyone that is expired, expires at that point?
Talinthalas is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
meek75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 330

Old May 1st, 2015, 02:12 PM
Nice to have an update. Remembering the collapse/expand state of the previous tab is a huge help. Also, the info shared about cloud storage and CM was mostly positive. I'm still not sold on the $40 a year price point, but still was happy with the overall information. I want to purchase the service, but when I weigh all the gaming stuff I can buy with $40 against what RW is going to offer (at least what I know about right now) and the origianl price $50 I I'm still not there yet.
meek75 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Twin Cities Area, MN, USA
Posts: 1,322

Old May 1st, 2015, 02:55 PM
For me, that fact that all my players would be able to access my realm content via the web has pretty much sold me on the cloud service. My only concern is that if I have the cloud subscription, buy content on the CM and integrate it into my own realm, and at a later date end my subscription...what happens to the integrated content?
MNBlockHead is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 330

Old May 1st, 2015, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
For me, that fact that all my players would be able to access my realm content via the web has pretty much sold me on the cloud service. My only concern is that if I have the cloud subscription, buy content on the CM and integrate it into my own realm, and at a later date end my subscription...what happens to the integrated content?
Yeah, if my players were more interested in the player view feature that might make the $40s a year work for me. Also, I think the value depends on what system(s) you use. If we played predominately Pathfinder (which my group does not) then I can really see the value of buying supported Pathfinder stuff in the CM and integrating that into my realm. However, if you play a system or systems that are not likely to be supported then the value goes down quickly. My group tends to play multiple systems. I generally run about 1-2 games a year and almost always switch systems. I share GM duties with another and he does the same. For example, I have been running a 7th Sea game for about 6 months, but there will be little or no material from the CM for that system. Now, I might run a savage worlds game next, and if there was a SW rule set on the CM I would probably buy it. However, I doubt there would be enough SW stuff to need the ability to integrate it with another realm. Time will tell. It may turn out that its not worth it at first, but after a year or two of content being added it might become worth it. Of course, knowing me, I'll probably complain about ti while purchasing it in the end regardless Please, understand I am a fan of LWD and RW. On the whole I think they have done a great job and expect more great things to come.
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ruhar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Langley, WA, USA
Posts: 602

Old May 1st, 2015, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This one is in on my plate. I looked into it and was unable to reproduce the problem, so there's something more complex going on here that will require in-depth investigation.

Unfortunately, my plate right now is buried about 10 feet down under a sea of urgent tasks with my name on them. So I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to give this the time and attention necessary to solve it. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the unfortunate reality right now. The bug is definitely on our (my) radar.
Thanks Rob. With that ten foot high plate it won't get done as quickly as I would like but knowing that it's still on the radar is all I need to know.
ruhar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.