Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DwarvenWiz

Old January 13th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that HL still isn't even in development for Android. Especially considering that Android took over the majority market share over a year ago. That's a lot of potential licenses, or even kickstarter supporters as I know I'd put in more than I expected to get back in value, that are being missed.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...share-gartner/

When we have to somewhere else for an android character manager, it makes consumers more open to switching to another product for PC as well.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old January 14th, 2016, 10:17 AM
At the moment I think this is your best option for character management for Android. That may change with the release of the SRD. There are some nice Android tools, and I expect them to get better. I know it's not Hero Lab, but it's better than waiting a few years for a product which may or may not happen.
Krimson is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
DorVLind

Old January 21st, 2016, 11:01 AM
There is an Android App for viewing and managing your Hero Lab files. You can't create new files in this app, but it's better than nothing.
Hero Lab Character Sheet Lite
DorVLind is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old January 23rd, 2016, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorVLind View Post
There is an Android App for viewing and managing your Hero Lab files. You can't create new files in this app, but it's better than nothing.
Hero Lab Character Sheet Lite
Your link doesn't seem to work, though this one should. It should be noted that this only works for Pathfinder, so only an option for those users.
Krimson is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
maldar

Old January 30th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarvenWiz View Post
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that HL still isn't even in development for Android. Especially considering that Android took over the majority market share over a year ago. That's a lot of potential licenses, or even kickstarter supporters as I know I'd put in more than I expected to get back in value, that are being missed.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...share-gartner/

When we have to somewhere else for an android character manager, it makes consumers more open to switching to another product for PC as well.
One of the reasons I waited so long to purchase HL for my laptop was the fact that there was no Android Support. I knew about HL for years before purchasing, there just didn't seem to be a need for it for me as I'm an old school gamer and like my pencil and paper forms. The only reason I purchased it was that I wanted to try it out and have a voice that would be given more consideration as a product owner when this topic came up again. I'm sure there are many more that would buy Hero Lab for both Desktop and Android that have not voiced it. So LWD is not just missing out on Android platform sales, but Desktop sales as well.

I read that reply that was posted earlier, considering that was 3 years ago, 2 months of getting someone up to speed would have been worth the investment and actually would still be worth it. The time invested will pay off in future returns.
maldar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rudolpht

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:06 AM
I was just about to jump on the new Pathfinder bundle but saw only iPad was listed in the regular email for tablets.
I just assumed it would be, so checked here.
I guess I'm glad for all the $100s I have save to get content and tinker, but not necessarily use all the time. I hope regular tablet support comes.
rudolpht is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
fetito666

Old February 8th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Isn't it much easier nowadays to program multi-platform?
fetito666 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old February 8th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetito666 View Post
Isn't it much easier nowadays to program multi-platform?
Yes...

Provided you are starting fresh and don't need to access or alter old code. HL's original code forces LWD to not use some of the most resent advances in coding and that means cross platform is a LOT more work. The very core, the foundations, of RW are based on proprietary code from Microsoft leaving that program hamstrung for the foreseeable future as well.
Tekwych is offline   #18 Reply With Quote