Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

subfunk

Old January 5th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I've been adding feats from the Book of Exaulted Deeds for a campaign I'm in, and noticed that all the feats I'm adding show double "Feat Category" entries. Here's a screen shot:

I'd also like to change the Feat Category to Exaulted, but don't see an option to make changes to the types. I could use Special or Custom, but I'd prefer to list them all under the same type for easier exporting (and uploading).

1) Is the double printing expected?
2) Is there any chance of being able to add Categories?

Thanks,

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 5th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I closed and reopend the file and it looks fine now.

Nevermind....

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2007, 05:14 AM
I'm guessing this means there is something funky with the way that splicing is working for Feats. An issue with splicing would only impact things during development and testing, and everything would work fine once the files are fully re-loaded.

Can you send me the data file(s) you created so that I can take a look (helpdesk at wolflair.com)? Given the behavior you cited, I'm not convinced everything is actually working 100% correctly.

Thanks, Rob

At 12:20 AM 1/6/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I closed and reopend the file and it looks fine now. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nevermind....

Subfunk
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Yes, you will be able to do so. It will involve adding new tags for the different categories. We haven't nailed down how to integrate that into the editor (or if we can), since adding a tag like that is currently something that would have to be done in an augmentation file instead of a data file (IOW, it can't be done in the file type you're manipulating within the editor). We have some ideas, but it's on the todo list for after we get classes integrated. Adding it manually will be easy (tags are trivial to add), but we'd prefer to let users do it from within the editor if possible.

Stay tuned for a concrete answer on how you'll go about doing this....

-Rob

At 08:38 PM 1/5/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
2) Is there any chance of being able to add Categories?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Rob,

I've sent the file per your request. Thanks for checking into it. It does seem to be intermittent.

Thanks,

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SWChance

Old January 6th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I noticed the same problem when I spliced in a new feat as well. So dont mark it down as a complete anomaly.

Chris Bradshaw
SWChance is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 7th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Seems to only happen when I've opened the editor and spliced something in (this is pretty consistent behavior. When I close Hero Lab and reopen it, it looks normal.

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote