Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Daelda

Old January 8th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Is there a limit to the number of files (pictures/PDFs/etc) that can be in a single Realm? Lately I have been getting errors when I try to add PDFs or jpgs to my Realm. However, I have found that if I delete a jpg, I can then add in a new jpg.

I was trying to reduce the size of some of my jpgs as I was having crashing problems on my laptop and realized that some of my jpgs had not been optimized (reduced in size) like I should have done - which is why I was trying to put in new ones. In addition, I got some new pdfs released by the publisher and wanted to add them to Realm Works, but I keep getting "An error has occurred" when I try to add them. I know there is a file size limit - but these don't exceed that.
Daelda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 8th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I've got quite a few maps and they are BIG. Most maps are PNG. Not a huge number of other graphics and no PDFs. No errors on my side with over 1100 topics.

The only place I get lag is on large topics that have numerous links. A really bad one for me is a listing of NPCs for Bard's Gate as it links to NPCs as well as primary locations. Another that takes some time to load is a maximum sized map with pins for each town, land feature, road, POI.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old January 8th, 2015, 02:25 PM
My biggest realm is sitting around a couple of thousand topics, with around half a gigabyte of images and .por files imported, and I've not seen any issue yet...
Portilis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old January 8th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Is it possible that you're running out of RAM? I recall something about RW having to uncompress files such as jpegs to work with them.
DMG is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old January 9th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I managed to crash Realm Works after attaching a near-max-size smart image. It's worked fine ever since - on that computer. I've finally tried opening it on one of my laptops, and it crashed the program with an out of memory error. There's definitely a limit on hoe much can be "in use" at a time - but it's as much system-dependent as anything else.
pyremius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old January 9th, 2015, 07:29 PM
I'm not trying to open any files - just add them as a snippet. I can create the snippet, but is giving me errors when I try to add the file. My computer has 8GB of RAM, so I would hope I'm not running out of RAM....

My Master.Realm is sitting at 2.8 GB in size. The files I was recently trying to add ranged in size from 255k to 14.8MB.
Daelda is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old January 9th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I've recently gone through most of my images and reduced their size because I have crashed Realm Works several times due to image size. So now all of my images should be much smaller than they used to be - which is what I was doing when it wouldn't accept the 255k file - I was replacing a 1.8MB picture with a 255k picture - the same image, just I had forgotten to optimize it, so I was fixing that.
Daelda is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 9th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
I've recently gone through most of my images and reduced their size because I have crashed Realm Works several times due to image size. So now all of my images should be much smaller than they used to be - which is what I was doing when it wouldn't accept the 255k file - I was replacing a 1.8MB picture with a 255k picture - the same image, just I had forgotten to optimize it, so I was fixing that.
Are you at the latest build? I seem to remember there was some earlier issues about replacing a smart image...
MaxSupernova is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old January 10th, 2015, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Are you at the latest build? I seem to remember there was some earlier issues about replacing a smart image...
I have 1.0.1025.185

Last edited by Daelda; January 10th, 2015 at 10:10 AM.
Daelda is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 10th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Please open a support case so we can follow up on this directly:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/report-bug/

Thanks,
davidp is offline   #10 Reply With Quote