Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

meek75

Old November 24th, 2015, 10:17 AM
I have another bug that is stopping me from syncing. The error code message says:

Sync failed with error code: Sanity failed to update (-306)

I have uploaded my master file for LWD already.

I can still access the realm, but now I am afraid of working on my game because I might lose content I enter if I end up having to revert to an earlier version. I was planning on getting a lot done over the thanksgiving break and now I am not sure how to proceed. I am hoping for a speedy resolution.

I have to say that this constant lack of stability is getting really old really fast. I am very close to shelving RW for the foreseeable future. I'm beginning to think the product is just not ready for prime time. I am just starting to lose faith in RW. I don't want to worry about "will it work?" every time I use it. I need a product that is dependable and for the past month my RW has been consistently NOT dependable. I might be venting too harshly right now, and I might feel differently in hour when my frustration lessens, but dang I'm frustrated.

Has anyone else had this error? Any ideas? I afraid that with Thanksgiving so close that my problem may not get any attention for a while. How safe is it to push forward with data entry? What are the chances that I will lose the data?
meek75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 24th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Hrm I edited my text -- Since I've never seen that error I don't want give a wrong recommendation. So it's your call

I would continue to work though and take a backup before I attempt next cloud synch.
Just in case my local stuff should get overwritten I could still attempt to restore the DB.

Since 207 editing is fairly stable again. Had one crash when doing some "change container" actions, but I save often now.

EDIT: Read OP properly

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; November 24th, 2015 at 12:46 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 24th, 2015, 12:45 PM
You won't lose your data unless you delete it. Just maintain backups of your local data, since you aren't currently able to sync it up to the server. RW automatically creates backups whenever you start the product, so all you really need to do is make sure they get copied to another drive, just in case you have something catastrophic like a disk crash.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old November 24th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You won't lose your data unless you delete it. Just maintain backups of your local data, since you aren't currently able to sync it up to the server. RW automatically creates backups whenever you start the product, so all you really need to do is make sure they get copied to another drive, just in case you have something catastrophic like a disk crash.
Thanks. I'll backup my backup and press on.
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old December 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
I am getting the same error. I have now submitted a bug report.

Last edited by Daelda; December 1st, 2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Minor update
Daelda is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 2nd, 2015, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
I am getting the same error. I have now submitted a bug report.
If you haven't already done so, I suggest sending them a copy of your MASTER file. It might save you some time. I am still waiting on a fix.
meek75 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:07 AM
We think we've figured out the cause of this problem. It's a combination of a few things, including a hole in our logic for handling a particular condition that can arise. Solving it involves multiple pieces, but we've outlined a plan that should work well. So we should have this fixed in the next release, although that's not likely to be until early next week.

Thanks for your patience! And for sending in your databases so that we could figure this thing out!
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:41 PM
I have found that when I get the error, if I quit without syncing, and then re-start Realm Works, the error vanishes and it syncs just fine...until it gives me the error again that is.
Daelda is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 19th, 2016, 07:30 AM
So, here I am again. Just got a sanity error (ironic name by the way, because I'm losing it) that is stopping me from syncing. Already sent David my RW file and support request. It seems like I (and maybe a few others) are having way more stability issues that the average user. I am posting here to gauge if that feeling is true. I know some have said they have had no issues, while I have had what is feeling like an endless parade of errors. I am wondering if those of us having issues have anything in common. I am running 32 bit win 7 on a hp laptop (the laptop screen is a touch screen that I have disabled.) I can't see any pattern for what is causing the errors. I love RW and am still committed to the product - but come on, can't we put these issues to bed? In the past the problems were due to bugs in the new update, but there is no new update this time to blame it on.
meek75 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 19th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I think those with sync issues are a distinct minority of which I've been a proud member several times in the past. If I had to point my finger at a possible cause, it would be my fickleness. I have changed soooooo many things, changed them back and then changed them again over the last two years.

I've moved material from Story to Mechanics to Story. I've moved material from one Category to another several times. I've added tags and then deleted them all and removed them. I've created storyboards for 5-layer dungeons with a LOT of interconnections. Contained, uncontained, nested containers, moved containers.... I've changed names to Aliases back to names and back to Aliases for some things a few times. I've attached huge maps to smart images and then pinned the heck out of them. I've attached PDFs, Excel and Word files.

All-in-all, I've had fun but there have been quite a few dead ends that I wish I had not gone down. I really do think that if I hadn't fiddled as much that I would be more stable. That said, I've been good ever since the final fix patch of the html change-over.
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote