Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jacook

Old April 29th, 2014, 05:45 PM
What great responses to this!
jacook is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Viral Platypus

Old May 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
You can also put in detailed descriptions that don't include the room and corridor and door labels, then include 'GM Directions' as an addition after the main description to include the content links and what they refer to. The GM Direction can also include any simple traps and locks, break conditions, etc.
Viral Platypus is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 5th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Great discussion. Love seeing the different approaches.

I've been putting whole dungeon levels as topics. General info at the top followed by a list of all creatures and NPC's with links. Each area has GM-only (numbered with links to creatures, traps, treasure, tactics, secrets, etc) and player text (read or paraphrase what they see).

1) Scroll up and down for everything in one place. It's a print friendly view for some day down the road....
2) Map open in a separate tab.
3) Major NPC's open in separate tabs.

I like the concept of separate topics for each room so as to link them on the map. And I could have multiple links open in tabs. But for me, that's too granular and makes it difficult for me to skim all the material for a session quickly. For published material that I've entered, it may be months before I get to what I've typed and having to flip through a bunch of topics to get back up to speed would drive me bonkers.
AEIOU is offline   #13 Reply With Quote