Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cornelius

Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
If it is just to distinguish and be able to collapse a lot of families at one time, you could just create a (empty) topic category with a name.
"Clan" or something could be used.
Cornelius is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Viral Platypus

Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
It would be helpful to know what ties them together. Are they a clan? Are they all criminals? Are they all part of the same merchant guild? Or do they just live in the same town, the major families people would meet?
Viral Platypus is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
Is this how you're wanting to do it?

Code:
Top Level Container
           Family1
           Family2
           Family3

And you want advice on what type of Category/Topic to make "Top Level Container"? Or, what kind of Sections and Snippets to have on it?
Yes this is what I was wondering(in bold as far as the snippets went they didnt match up). In the case of the three inner families they are true families but the container would not be a family and the snippets wouldn't really be suitable.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Platypus View Post
It would be helpful to know what ties them together. Are they a clan? Are they all criminals? Are they all part of the same merchant guild? Or do they just live in the same town, the major families people would meet?
Basically they are all the families that are important in the realm. Since the list was long I wanted to be able to close it to hide them until i needed the info. I am puttting a ton of info into RW so being able to collapse large groups of topics down is essential.

So pretend I was entering data on Game of Thrones as an Example:

I need to have an outer topic of:

Houses of Westeros

then the inner topics would be:

House Targaryan
House Baratheon
House StarK
House Lannister
etc

Creating:
Code:
Houses of Westeros (what is the best topic type for this?)
     House Targaryan (topic type Group: Family)
     House Baratheon (topic type Group: Family)
     House StarK (topic type Group: Family)
     House Lannister (topic type Group: Family)
      etc
I do want a brief description for the Houses of Westeros saying these are the houses blah blah but the main info on each family is in the respective topic.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Viral Platypus

Old April 24th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I'd just place them as Group: Other or Group: Government depending on how much political power they actually have. Then call them something like 'Noble Houses', 'Noble Families', or 'Houses in Power'.

For Westeros, I'd use Group Government, but tag a couple of them 'Exiled' at times. They all are supposed to participate in governing the land unless they are exiled.

Last edited by Viral Platypus; April 24th, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Viral Platypus is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old April 24th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Platypus View Post
I'd just place them as Group: Other or Group: Government depending on how much political power they actually have. Then call them something like 'Noble Houses', 'Noble Families', or 'Houses in Power'.

For Westeros, I'd use Group Government, but tag a couple of them 'Exiled' at times. They all are supposed to participate in governing the land unless they are exiled.

My families will be involved in politics but some may be more business or other things So I may use Other and then sub again from there. Being new to the product just wanted to try and set it up right the first time rather than make a lot of changes later down the line.

Thanks for all the input guys!
RampagingHoardes is offline   #16 Reply With Quote