Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

dropbear8mybaby

Old October 20th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
<sigh>

I HAVE read it, unfortunately it does NOT say anything about pools of temporary hit points from multiple sources.

I have been finding postings about it on various sites that go both ways. What I have not found is anything official that confirms it.

Please don't make judgement calls when you don't know all the facts.
I JUST quoted the EXACT text that says multiple sources DO NOT stack.

Last edited by dropbear8mybaby; October 21st, 2016 at 01:15 AM.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 20th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Please, in Hero Lab, go to InPlay, add temporary hit points, move your cursor over the quest mark and READ it. I am try to find out where Hero Lab got its information. They don't normally make rule mistakes.

Also, read the Question and Answer errata. Most of that stuff is obvious to any one who has read the rules and there are still multiple pages of OFFICIAL replies to Questions and Answers.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2016, 03:51 AM
I don't think we were aware of the info on page 198 - Hero Lab should probably be raising a validation error if you have more than one source of THP active at once. That's a bug that we will have to fix in the next release of the 5e files.

Thanks for flagging this!
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 21st, 2016, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the Intel there Colen.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old October 23rd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
I HAVE read it, unfortunately it does NOT say anything about pools of temporary hit points from multiple sources.
Maybe I don't fully understand that because I'm no native speaker. But for me the statement of the rules is quite clear: it doesn't matter from which source the temporary hit points come. They just don't stack.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
DMNate

Old November 16th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Will there be an update to include all magic items listed in the Dungeons Masters Guide? I be noticed there are a lot of magic weapons armor and items missing. Or a way I can custom make magic items and load them to my players or NPC or villains?
DMNate is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old November 16th, 2016, 07:49 PM
You're only getting the free content from the SRD (and even then, often badly implemented). To get the rest of the stuff, you need the Community Pack.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
DMNate

Old November 16th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Ok I have updated all my downloads that I could find. The community pack 1.6 and dnd 5th edition 1.8. Still most of the item I seek are not included. So am I missing something or is there a specific community pack I need to download? Or do I need to download every single version?
DMNate is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMNate View Post
Ok I have updated all my downloads that I could find. The community pack 1.6 and dnd 5th edition 1.8. Still most of the item I seek are not included. So am I missing something or is there a specific community pack I need to download? Or do I need to download every single version?
Are you selecting them as sources for your character on creation or through the Configure Hero menu option?
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
DMNate

Old November 16th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropbear8mybaby View Post
Are you selecting them as sources for your character on creation or through the Configure Hero menu option?
Mostly through character creation. I have all of the appropriate boxes check when I begin a new player character but I'm still missing something., I understand not everything is uploaded into the generator but not having the ability to create a custom magic +1 dagger of fire (1d4 + 1d6 fire) for example kinda stinks. Also all of the cool magical weapons and armors are not in the options to buy/equip.

Unless I'm missing something.

Thanks everyone for helping.
DMNate is offline   #20 Reply With Quote