Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Seeker1728

Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
I've recently gotten back into SR, and while I like 5th Ed I wanted to input material from 3E/4E for my game via the editor. My attempts so far have been stymied by a recurring crash that I've been encountering.

While I've already submitted a email to support, given that I need to knock this problem down sooner rather than later figured I'd post it here on the forums and see if there is any suggestions I can use.

What i was doing:
I was recreating some Mentor spirits as the list is rather anemic in SR5's library. Fairly basic assignments without digging into eval scripts, I was just choosing from the tables. Select "Compile data" from the tools, no issue. Then hit "Test Now"...crash.

Below is the error window that pops up

Hero Lab has encountered an error and needs to close. Sorry! To help us fix this error, please send the following to support@wolflair.com in a single email:

1) A description of what you were doing (unless you include this, we won't have enough information to fix your problem!)

2) This file:
C:\Users\me\Documents\Hero Lab\crashreports\Hero Lab-7.4a-589-20160203-160126.dmp

3) Finally, please copy and paste this information into the email (you can right-click this message to do so):

E:\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe 7.4a 589

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x004daa22
Type: bad read

Oddly, when I reload HL and look to see if my custom input is available, it's there and usable. I.E. All the custom bonuses I selected are listed and are factored into the final scores. I've only done one mentor spirit so far out of the 30 or so I want to include, and while its great that the custom input sticks and is available, it also sucks that each time after I save, running a test crashes the program. I'm hesitant to continue developing my custom data file out of concern that it'll wind up spinning new problems further on down the road. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Seeker1728 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old February 3rd, 2016, 03:50 PM
Did you send the error to support@wolflair.com like it asked?
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Seeker1728

Old February 4th, 2016, 12:40 AM
Hello AndrewD2;

Yes, as I mentioned in my initial post, I sent a email to the support address, along with the .dmp crash report file attached to said email.

I figured it'll probably be a while before they get back to me and I was hoping to clear this up by Saturday before my group's first session.
Seeker1728 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old February 5th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Might seem odd, but I do see you have Hero Lab installed to a non-standard location. You might want to double check read/write permissions there. I know when I used to my data folder in Dropbox I would get errors like this a lot because things would overwrite before it should have.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote