Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jbearwillis

Old May 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
I know your planning on putting out the Powers Profile book, but I was Wondering if you have Plans on the new Gadgets book that just came out.

I was also wondering on when we might expect a release for the Powers book. not an exact date, just something like late spring or late summer, or even early fall. Just wondering because I'm working on an Agents of Shield Campaign (Mine is call Agents of Guardian - Stands for "Global UN Authorized Reactionary Deployment Intervention Agency Network").
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Hollis
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Yes, we are planning on adding the Gadget Guide.

Power Profiles is still being worked on. I hope to have it completed soon.
Hollis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 18th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Coolness - Thanks Hollis, for the update.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Just curious, how far along is the Gadget Guide?

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 15th, 2014, 02:03 AM
I bought the both this morning. I've got mixed feelings. They're useful to have in there, but the organization could use a bit of work. Why does enabling Gadget Guides result in getting "Powers" like "Bo" that really should be under Equipment? It creates a lot of clutter and there's no real way to filter without turning packages on and off for the character.

Is there any way of perhaps using one of those dropdown lists at the top so that you can switch between different categories?
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old August 15th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I bought the both this morning. I've got mixed feelings. They're useful to have in there, but the organization could use a bit of work. Why does enabling Gadget Guides result in getting "Powers" like "Bo" that really should be under Equipment? It creates a lot of clutter and there's no real way to filter without turning packages on and off for the character.

Is there any way of perhaps using one of those dropdown lists at the top so that you can switch between different categories?
while I understand and I agree with this for the most part (It's good that we can also buy the stuff as powers IMO) I'm not certain how they would fix it. They do have the drop-down box to show all powers or just the base effects, but to provide more granularity would likely require major restructuring. My main solution has been to use the filter to only show powers that use the effects I want or skim through the relevant books (PDF or paper) for inspiration then use the quick search to grab the power.
Insaniac99 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:33 PM
What it needs is a list with check boxes so you can turn things on or off. Categories like devices, powers, effects, etc. or somethings along those lines. Or maybe just have it be Effects, Powers (mainly for Power Profile), and Gadgets (mainly for Gadgets Guide). When you make up a new thing it already is selected as a power or effect so the coding is already there. Not sure about the Gadgets yet, but I will get it in a few days.

A dropdown menu or a radio button would also work. All, Effects, Powers, Gadgets.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote