Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

velinion

Old August 16th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I was trying to add the trust fund quality, but it is a little difficult.
I can remove the cost of all lifestyles with
Code:
      herofield[acLifeMult].value = 0
but this doesn't take into account what level of trust fund is purchased, or what life style they have, or even if they have multiple lifestyles. A lifestyle offset (rather than mult) would be ideal, but I can't locate one.

So, is there a way to find out the sum of the character's lifestyle costs?
If so then something like (in psudo-code)
Code:
var costOffset as number
costOffset = selectedLevel * 5000
herofield[acLifeMult] -= (costOffset / currentLifestleCost)
should work fine. But I know of no way to get a current lifestyle cost.

the field acLifestyl stores the name of a (random) perchased lifestyle, but does not list purchased lifestyles, and therefore cannot even be used for validation.

Finally, the best functional alternative would simply by to offset the cost of the quality in BP by the cost of the appropriate lifestyle.... 9BP for Trust Fund (med) and 18BP for Trust Fund (high), but this messes up quality BP accounting (not significantly, since there are no 2BP qualities, but still... it seems ugly, plus it would only show the lifestyle as monthly on the char sheet, instead of permanent. And making it negative enough to purchase 100 months of anything would trigger warnings about negative qualities above 35BP.

Any ideas from anyone a little more familiar with the scripting language and Hero Lab in general? Am I missing something obvious?
velinion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Technically Permanent Lifestyle is 100 months of a given lifestyle. So I'd consider having it as two separate qualities.

Trustfund (Medium) -- Bootstrap 100 months of Medium Lifestyle
Trustfund (High) -- Bootstrap 100 months of High Lifestyle

Which I tried to do by Boostrapping middle (what is middle? it should be medium) lifestyle and setting a stackQty value for a field to 100. No go, not sure now.
cryptoknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM
As noted in the Future Plans section of the FAQ (help menu...Shadowrun FAQ), there's a lot of lifestyle stuff still in the works, so you may want to hold off a few weeks on lifestyle-related work until they're finished.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
velinion

Old August 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
As noted in the Future Plans section of the FAQ (help menu...Shadowrun FAQ), there's a lot of lifestyle stuff still in the works, so you may want to hold off a few weeks on lifestyle-related work until they're finished.
Good idea. Thanks.
velinion is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM
The 100 months does not automatically translate to permanent lifestyle in the tool.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
The 100 months does not automatically translate to permanent lifestyle in the tool.
That's what I mean by the "Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyles" line in the future plans section of the FAQ - I didn't have the time to properly implement that. (Actually, it'll be a checkbox on the lifestyle customization form, rather than having to enter exactly 100 of them).
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 17th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Yah I know it doesn't do it in the tool, but the tool also doesn't seem to have a useful way to subtract a month of lifestyle either.
cryptoknight is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Yah I know it doesn't do it in the tool, but the tool also doesn't seem to have a useful way to subtract a month of lifestyle either.
Option 1 - delete the lifestyle, and it will bring up a dialog asking you how many of them you want to delete - it will default to the whole stack, so change that to only delete 1.

Option 2 - once you've switched to Advancement mode, go to the Journal tab, and use the Monthly Expenses option below the table.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote