Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

seelenamt

Old January 26th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering if someone with more experience with the herolab editor could help me out.

In my campaign we're tinkering with some houserules, one of which being a slight reduction to cyberware nuyen cost.

I'm wondering, is there any way to make an adjustment that would apply a percentage discount to all cyberware when added? Say, 10% for example

I know you can modify the cost but this would require doing each piece of cyberware individually.

Last edited by seelenamt; January 26th, 2016 at 10:50 AM.
seelenamt is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old January 27th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Well, there is a multiplier in the cyberware grade, maybe make a replacement for the affected cyberware grades?
Alistair is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Take a look at the biocompatability qualities - see how they make modifications to the stored essence multipliers?

You can use that same script - note that the phase & priority is important, and just change the grEssMult field to grCostMult to change cost instead of essence.

Then, create a new item on the Mechanics tab, and put your script there - all Mechanics are added to all characters, so the script will always run.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old January 27th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Take a look at the biocompatability qualities - see how they make modifications to the stored essence multipliers?

You can use that same script - note that the phase & priority is important, and just change the grEssMult field to grCostMult to change cost instead of essence.

Then, create a new item on the Mechanics tab, and put your script there - all Mechanics are added to all characters, so the script will always run.
Thank you so much for the help- I made it as an adjustment, and as far as I can tell it works!

EDIT: Actually have a final question- would there be any way to make it not apply specifically to implanted cyberdecks or commlinks?
seelenamt is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Sorry, I can't think of a way for a user to add exceptions for certain categories - it's only set up for handling on the all-cyberware or all-bioware level.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old January 27th, 2016, 11:31 PM
As far as price of implanted decks and commlinks, changing the price of the implant shouldn't change the price of the actual commlink or cyberdeck, right? That's why they have a separate cost listing for the implant version, since the grade multiplier and such aren't supposed to alter the cost of the hardware, just the implant part. Right?
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 1st, 2016, 06:46 AM
You are correct AFAIK Kirnodel, Hero Lab doesn't do it this way though I think it should as it opens up the "buy used cyberdeck head module" for cheaper than the cost of the deck itself!
adzling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote