Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM
A new version of Realm Works is now available as an automatic update within Realm Works. Not only can you now delete realms, but we’ve also added a handful of requested features such as pasting text without formatting, along with other enhancements. Below is a list of some of the changes in the newest release. Additional enhancements and a list of bug fixes can be found in the Release Notes within Realm Works.

Special Note Items
  • The “Equipment Type” snippet on Merchant topics has been eliminated, as all the types of equipment should be reflected within the “Goods Sold” snippet. All “Equipment Type” tags assigned to merchant topics have been migrated to the equivalent “Goods Sold” tag. If you had custom “Equipment Type” tags or annotations on the “Equipment Type” snippet, you’ll need to recreate that information on the “Goods Sold” snippet.
  • The “Organization Type” snippet on “Titled Position” topics has been eliminated, as that should be dictated by the organization(s) with which the title is used and not on the title itself.
  • A new “Usage” tag-based snippet has been added to the “Urban Region” category that identifies the primary usage of the region. All of the tags corresponding to the usage have been eliminated from the “Urban Region” snippet and migrated over to the new “Usage” snippet. If you had assigned these tags to an urban region topic, they will now be moved to the new snippet, which has been auto-added to every urban region topic that existed (unless the old snippet has been deleted from the topic).
  • In order to effect the above data migration, users with realms that are impacted will be forced to sync with the server prior being allowed to access those realms. The fixups being made on the client then need to be forced up to the server. The users who are impacted are receiving direct emails with further details to explain what’s going on and how to resolve things quickly and painlessly after the migration is performed.

New Features!
  • It’s now possible to properly delete a realm that is no longer desired.

Enhancements and Changes
  • We’ve added four new categories that have been identified as being valuable within numerous campaigns.
  • A new “Source” tag domain has been pre-defined. It has no tags and is intended as a means for users to tag content with the source from which it originates (typically a book).
  • The various topic selection dialogs now remember the last selected choice and restore that choice as the default when next opened. This makes assigning lots of topics to the same container, for example, much more efficient.
  • When multiple options are presented within the automatic link detection dialog, it’s now possible to simply double-click on an option to select it and proceed.
  • There is now an option for “Paste Special” to strip all formatting from the text and reformat it all as a single paragraph. This option is also now the default choice.
  • Access to the “Clear Text Formatting and Reformat as a Single Paragraph” option for snippets has become much simpler with introduction of the <ctrl+alt+R> keyboard shortcut to directly invoke operation on the contents of the snippet wherein the keyboard focus lies.
  • New pre-defined tags were added to a large number of tag domains to flesh out the available options more fully.
  • The “Residence / Resident” nature has been added to the “Comprises / Belongs” relationship type.
  • Renamed a number of tags for clarity, typically to disambiguate them new tags that have been added. The original meaning of tags has not been changed.

Last edited by liz; April 18th, 2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Changed wording
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I like the storyline category. I think in addition to that, I'm going to create a storyline domain for tags and create a tag under that for each adventure. This way, if I have a recurring character through multiple storylines, I can move him from one storyline category to another, but also keep track of all his appearances with the tag.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM
It solved the -500 sync error I was having with a realm too.

Yay!
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 19th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
[*]A new “Source” tag domain has been pre-defined. It has no tags and is intended as a means for users to tag content with the source from which it originates (typically a book).
Brill! Glad this appeared now. (Just need to change 17 articles, not 118...)

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 19th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Resident relationship. Much more elegant than creating a town group container. Thank you!
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 19th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Loving the Storyline category and the nifty new scene icon.

It's the little things that make me happy...
MaxSupernova is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old April 19th, 2014, 01:55 PM
FYI, I had to download the update from your website as the update button didn't do anything.
Farnaby is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
FYI, I had to download the update from your website as the update button didn't do anything.
Hmmmmm... can you please send us a bug report? Let us know what your default browser is and any other possibly pertinent info (anti-virus software info, etc.). With that info we can see if we can recreate it. Thanks!
liz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old April 19th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Hmmmmm... can you please send us a bug report? Let us know what your default browser is and any other possibly pertinent info (anti-virus software info, etc.). With that info we can see if we can recreate it. Thanks!
Done.
Farnaby is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 20th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I would like to see the "door" icon that used to be on the Scene Category available again. I was using it on some custom Categories, and they have now changed to the "clapboard" icon like the Scene Category has. I tried to put the "door" icon back, but it does not seem to be there anymore.
Silveras is offline   #10 Reply With Quote