Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want to see a change in the license system?
Yes. 8 61.54%
No, it works fine. 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Unseelie

Old November 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I'm going to vote yes, but for completely different reasons that have been discussed in another thread. Personally, I'd like to be able to buy more than two additional licenses. Those extra licenses, past the second two, could be full price and I'd still be happy.
Unseelie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTool View Post
Tengent: Just noticed that as a new customer (I chose Shadowrun as the game system) I only have access to the core rules. Each additional rulebook worth of material is $10. So, that's essentially $100 more dollars on top of the $30 initial purchase, just to have the complete game mechanics/equipment. I would have sworn that I read the initial license covers all current material, and that new material post-purchase was an add-on. Apparently not.

Not happy. No wonder sales are so low. This explains a lot.

Tomorrow I'm attending a con with Shadowrun sessions each slot for four days. This will be discussed.

Again, a subscription method would solve this problem by providing a continuous revenue stream over time.
Hi Shadowtool,

We mention multiple times on our web site that a license only includes the core rules for Shadowrun, and again when you purchase the product online. If you're unhappy with your purchase because of that, please email support@wolflair.com and we'll get you a full refund.

We've considered a subscription model in the past, and in fact we use something similar for Army Builder, our other product. For AB, we get a lot of feedback complaining about the subscription model. So this is just something that different people prefer different ways - some people like to buy up front and then have the product forever, others prefer to pay over time with a subscription.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
some people like to buy up front and then have the product forever, others prefer to pay over time with a subscription.
^_^ Put me down for paying once and then getting all of the updates for free, please.

What, that's not an option? :-P
Duggan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote