Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Znicker

Old October 24th, 2014, 03:21 AM
I sent a bug ticket, but hoped someone here could help me out.

Been using RW now since release and is very happy with the product. Yesterday i innstalled RW to another computer and all went fine until i launched the program. Before i could enter username or interact in any way i got the following error:

Unable to contact the server to properly register this machine. Relm Works cannot continiue until machine has been properly registered with the server.

Help please

Thanks
Magne
Znicker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old October 24th, 2014, 01:27 PM
This sounds like an internet connection problem.

First, check your internet connection and make sure you can get out to the internet at least through a web browser and then maybe through checking your e-mail. After that, look at your anti-virus suit to see if it has a firewall that may be blocking the ports RW uses. You could also try disabling anti-virus if necessary while registering your machine in order to prevent it's firewall from interfering, just make sure to turn it back on afterwards.

To tell the truth though, I'm not sure which ports RW uses. Hopefully Rob, Liz, or David P will come along and give you the ports to unblock if a firewall is your problem.
Viking2054 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old October 25th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I believe that may be due to the server issues Liz mentioned elsewhere. You should try again today.
gloranphile is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old October 26th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I found the problem after some troubleshooting.

The battery on my motherboard was out, and the clock in the bios then reset time everytime i rebooted my computer. Changed the battery with a fresh one and it works like a charm

Although i managed to figure it out myself quite quick, the support answered my ticket late on a friday afternoon just 2-3 hours after i sent a ticket. Very impressive
Znicker is offline   #4 Reply With Quote