Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

solomani

Old March 31st, 2017, 08:01 PM
Hi all,
Does Hero Lab support the Hero Point optional rule and if not is there a way for me to manually had a hero point pool for tracking under In Play -> Tracked Resources?

The little boxes are useful for my players.

Thanks.
solomani is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old April 3rd, 2017, 08:46 PM
I also would love hero points. My group uses them regularly and as a work around, I created a potion in HL called "Hero Points" and my group uses them throughout their adventures. It's at least a way to track them on our printouts.
wheelercub is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 5th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Submit a request to LWD. They have been really good with adding functionality.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
solomani

Old April 10th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Did exactly that, thanks for the idea.
solomani is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
solomani

Old April 14th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Spoke to support, but they can not add it as it is not part of the SRD. Having said that, the community is free to add it via the community pack. So that's an option. Will need to research how this can be done.
solomani is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 14th, 2017, 08:40 AM
I honestly tried to create this but I truly believe that well have to beg a boon from ShadowChemosh to implement this one . . .

I tried studying some of the other Options like Spell Points,Varient Encumbrance, Always Show Journal Tab, etc and sad to say I couldn't figure out how to implement the DMG's Option Hero Point rules.

I could probably add it as an Adjustment & Ability but I'd like to see this done properly as an Optional rule that you implement with a Configure Hero checkbox.

I'll create an Adjustment version if needed.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
I honestly tried to create this but I truly believe that well have to beg a boon from ShadowChemosh to implement this one.
If you just need a tracker like what is shown in the first post I can do that. Plus I can tie it to a Configure Your Hero source option. Hero Points in Pathfinder are different are not displayed using a standard Tracker.

So my question is can anyone point me to the full rules text for this ability. That will make it much easier for me to implement it correctly....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 14th, 2017, 09:33 AM
ShadowChemosh:

The following is the Hero Point rules straight from the 5E DMG - p.264.
It would need to have the 20% paraphrase ruling applied to the text.

Quote:
Hero points work well in epic fantasy and mythic campaigns in which the characters are meant to be more like superheroes than the average adventurer is.

With this option, a character starts with 5 hero point at 1st level. Each time the character gains a level, he or she loses any unspent hero points and gains a new total equal to 5 + half the character's level.

A player can spend a hero point whenever he or she makes an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw The player can spend the hero point after the roll is made but before any of its results are applied. Spending the hero point allows the player to roll a d6 and add it to the d20, possibly turning a failure into a success. A player can spend only 1 hero point per roll.

In addition, whenever a character fails a death saving throw, the player can spend one hero point to turn the failure into a success.

Mergon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 14th, 2017, 09:35 AM
As an adjustment it took me all of 5 minutes to create. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to add it to Configure hero as an option so that you don't need to add an Adjustment to each character.

What I'd like to have done just have to check it off under Configure hero.

Mergon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
As an adjustment it took me all of 5 minutes to create. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to add it to Configure hero as an option so that you don't need to add an Adjustment to each character.

What I'd like to have done just have to check it off under Configure hero.
So you have allot of the logic already done then. You would create a new source in the .1st files. Then source mark the Tracker with the newly created source.

But instead of bootstrapping the tracker to an adjustment you bootstrap the tracker to the 5E Community Mechanic. That is a link to the one that is in the Pack already. PLEASE do not use the editor to edit that file as you will blow away all my comments.

Once bootstrapped to the mechanic the tracker will become "live" only if the source is turned on. This is because the 5E Community Mechanic is "live" on every hero already.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote