Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Grgbobe

Old April 15th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Not to be greedy (since we literally just got the Content Market), but is there any guidance on when the next round of content (especially from Paizo) will hit the Market?

There were some things I wanted in the first round, but I think there are some other mega adventures and/or APs I'd like...not to mention some of the Golarion setting books.

Thanks, I am enjoying the content I've purchased so far.

Grg
Grgbobe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 15th, 2019, 11:52 PM
I don't think are "rounds" of content to be added any more. They'll just add material as and when it becomes available.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 16th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Actually I wish they did have a "Content in the Werks!" page or list somewhere.

It would be really nice to know what is in the pipes ahead of time. No ETA, we know how well LWD meets deadlines, but a simply listing/page that lets us know what is in the oven so to speak.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 16th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Actually I wish they did have a "Content in the Werks!" page or list somewhere.

It would be really nice to know what is in the pipes ahead of time. No ETA, we know how well LWD meets deadlines, but a simply listing/page that lets us know what is in the oven so to speak.
Yes, please.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 16th, 2019, 08:44 AM
I'm sure LWD more than anyone wants to get more content put up. There is a danger of posting a "coming soon" page, especially if they are also depending on third-party publishers for deadlines. Having such a page is just inviting vitriol if the content takes longer than anticipated. They are better off just giving notices when new content is made available.

Hopefully the ability for creators to submit content directly will be available in the not too distant future.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Hey all! While I appreciate your excitement and desire to know precisely what the future holds, I'm afraid that I can't give you a set list.

We are a small team and we never know when a bug or some other crisis will put us behind. More importantly, we can't do much to affect the timeline of our publishers so it would be quite difficult to prevent disappointed customers with a release schedule when many factors are outside of our control.

Our hope is to have regular releases as we do with Hero Lab. Currently, we're working on several Kobold books and a few items from Paizo. We hope to have a second release next month.
BJ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old April 16th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hey all! While I appreciate your excitement and desire to know precisely what the future holds, I'm afraid that I can't give you a set list.

We are a small team and we never know when a bug or some other crisis will put us behind. More importantly, we can't do much to affect the timeline of our publishers so it would be quite difficult to prevent disappointed customers with a release schedule when many factors are outside of our control.

Our hope is to have regular releases as we do with Hero Lab. Currently, we're working on several Kobold books and a few items from Paizo. We hope to have a second release next month.
BJ

Sounds good. I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't need a release schedule as much as would appreciate a list of planned/contracted work being done. This way I know what I 'can' look forward to in the future, regardless of how long away that might be.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 16th, 2019, 06:38 PM
In regards to AP's it would be very helpful to have some idea what is coming in the near term. It doesn't have to be some sort of absolute release date just a "we're working on these AP's and this is the order we presently plan for them to be released."

I don't start an AP on short notice and in general it takes 2 or 3 years of sessions to finish so knowing what my options are, even if its 6 months out, would be very helpful.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 16th, 2019, 07:53 PM
It would be awesome to know that the next "batch" includes this or these adventure paths or that or those books, even if there wasn't a date attached.

Most of our 1st to 20th campaigns run for 18 to 24 months. Giving the group the chance to pick their favorite, out of options already available (or likely to be available sometime, within a calendar year) would be nice.
Ualaa is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Grgbobe

Old April 16th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
It would be awesome to know that the next "batch" includes this or these adventure paths or that or those books, even if there wasn't a date attached.

Most of our 1st to 20th campaigns run for 18 to 24 months. Giving the group the chance to pick their favorite, out of options already available (or likely to be available sometime, within a calendar year) would be nice.
This, this is why I was asking. It would be nice to plan ahead.
Grgbobe is offline   #10 Reply With Quote