Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Topdecker

Old July 25th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Only pull gear from a secondary setting?

Or failing that, get a full gear list from the core set even when a setting doesn't use the core list?

It is not uncommon, for instance, for DLR weapons to show-up in Rippers.

Thanks

Tim
Topdecker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2017, 03:44 PM
If you don't want everything from a given Setting, you'll need to create duplicates in a new Setting file of the things you want to bring over. We don't have that of granularity in the source exclusions.

In a lot of cases, the Setting file author can help. It's sometimes easier to split that data out of the raw data files than to use the editor for large-scale editing like this. I've provided lists of Arcane Powers and such for folks.

Another choice would be to include the other source and set up Precludes in the base Source file for all the stuff you don't want to bring over.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 25th, 2017, 05:01 PM
To get a full gear list from core I think you might need to modify the setting file and on the Setting Adjust tab select the setting from the list and uncheck the box for "No Standard Gear?"

I'm not sure what you mean by DLR weapons showing up in Rippers, unless there isn't a Source setting on the specific weapon you are having issue with. That will probably be caught in CC's pass on that file which he's mentioned he is working on next.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; July 26th, 2017 at 03:23 AM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 25th, 2017, 08:02 PM
z, I think he meant he *wanted* some DLR weapons to show up in Rippers...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 26th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Ah, I wasn't sure. I didn't remember having to fix any Sources in the DLR file, but I also don't have the current one that's out their, either, as you know, so I figured I'd just bring it up in case that were an issue. I know I've missed setting sources on things in files before so it's always a possibility for those things to show up in other places accidentally.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old July 28th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
Yes indeed, this is what I was suggesting. DLR and Rippers are very near in era/date and the gear should be largely interchangeable and thus my interest in it.

I did get in and see that I could duplicate things, but I wasn't willing to commit the data just yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Topdecker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old July 31st, 2017, 12:44 PM
So I am now working through the editor tutorials.

Do I have to press TEST IT NOW for everything after it is edited? I mean, stuff doesn't seem to change until I do that. For me, it would be a lot better if there was a way to rebuild and resend everything for testing. Even Moses didn't go one by one...

Thanks (plinking away at Street of Bedlam, btw, very doubtful that I will produce anything usable but I wanted something to test with and I own most of that product line.)

Topdecker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 31st, 2017, 02:27 PM
You only have to do that because you want to test that one thing right then. Have you look at the "So you want to make a data file?" thread? I tried to make more of a quick guide for making data files. In there I note the way you are probably wanting to use which is "Just go to the menu for Develop → Compile Data Files... select “Savage Worlds” if it isn’t already selected and click the “Compile” button. Next go to Develop Quick Reload Data Files. You may have noticed there are shortcut keys to both of those commands so you can also just use those by hitting “Ctrl-C” then “Compile” for your Savage Worlds setting followed by “Ctrl-R”. "

If you do end up using that thread to help work on your data file please do let me know if it was useful or if there is anything that really needs improving or better clarification in it. I don't know if it's worthwhile enough to request being stickied so it's easier to find and having someone just getting into making data files hammer through it would be helpful in figuring that out.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old July 31st, 2017, 02:31 PM
Or putting it another way, I have a USER file that I want to be able to move and work upon without needing to use the TEST button on every item in order to keep things synchronized. How do I accomplish this?

WHOOPS - missed the earlier response, sorry
Topdecker is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old July 31st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Well, compiling complains that "One or more timing errors were identified." It provides a link to log of errors 4500 lines long. This is the almost the same both within the editor and from the developer menu (dev menu produces 4504 lines).

Seem a bit extreme when I have a total of 14 edges created.

It appears that it is complaining about a bunch of them that are probably supposed to be a template?

Here is a sample:

<depends name="Thing edgRRFactL: Eval Script #1" phase="Traits" priority="3000">
<before name="Field trtFinal: Calc trtFinal" phase="Traits" priority="3000"/>
</depends>
<depends name="Thing RRLReason: Eval Script #3" phase="Traits" priority="5000">
</depends>
<depends name="Thing RRLReason: Eval Script #4" phase="Traits" priority="5000">
</depends>
</errors>
<names>
<name name="Accrue Advances" full="Component Advance: Accrue Advances"/>
<name name="Accrue Weight" full="Component Gear: Accrue Weight"/>
<name name="Add Factory Crew" full="Thing modSSupeF: Add Factory Crew"/>
<name name="Add Hangar Crew" full="Thing modSSupeH: Add Hangar Crew"/>
<name name="Add Military Crew" full="Thing modSSupePM: Add Military Crew"/>
<name name="Add weapon cost for display" full="Component WeapSpec: Add weapon cost for display"/>
<name name="Advancement Cost" full="Component Attribute: Advancement Cost"/>
<name name="Advancement Cost" full="Component Edge: Advancement Cost"/>
<name name="Alter Mods Used by Fixed/Linked" full="Component Vehicle: Alter Mods Used by Fixed/Linked"/>
<name name="Apply Armor" full="Component Armor: Apply Armor"/>

I don't know where it picked up any of that stuff.

EDIT: Sure looks like Sci-Fi stuff.

Last edited by Topdecker; July 31st, 2017 at 03:12 PM.
Topdecker is offline   #10 Reply With Quote