Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Lord Magus

Old November 29th, 2012, 03:15 AM
A mild & very specific issue, and I am uncertain as to whether it could be really problematic or not:
I created a Mystic Theurge archetype for my home game, and said archetype now gets listed with the Mythic Tier paths, possibly because the Mystic Theurge abbreviation is Myt and Mythic Tier is MyT. I point this out just in case those similar abbreviations might eventually create bugs.
Lord Magus is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Magus View Post
A mild & very specific issue, and I am uncertain as to whether it could be really problematic or not:
I created a Mystic Theurge archetype for my home game, and said archetype now gets listed with the Mythic Tier paths, possibly because the Mystic Theurge abbreviation is Myt and Mythic Tier is MyT. I point this out just in case those similar abbreviations might eventually create bugs.
You are correct Sir! Mythic Tier use to get shown under "Monk" until Mathias was kind enough to give me the XML in THIS post. I was then able to modify it so that it added a Mythic Tier "Header".

Maybe you can do the so the same. Other than looking visual confusing it causes no actual issues for HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
NEW Version!

V1.5 - December 2, 2012
  • Fixed skill points to correctly total in all cases including when using Int boosting items. In most cases after this update you will have "More" skill points to spend on the "Skills" tab. This is correct now.
  • When you have more than one mythic path the "Bonus Hit Point" class ability will give a choice to Enable/Disable. This lets you turn off the extra HP's you want. This gives the control fully into the end-gamers hands and I think that works out the best.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
NEW Version!

V1.6 - December 6, 2012
  • Fixed skill points for humans that where still getting their racial bonus skill point for Mythic Tiers. Sorry this means humans with Mythic Tiers will have "overspent" skill points after you install this update.
  • Known Issue - Found a strange issue I can't currently fix. If in the "Configure Your Hero" window for "HP Options" you have checked "Average HPs at New Levels" and then add a Mythic Tier you will gain an extra hit point. Current work around is to "un-check" this option then add your Mythic Tier and then you can turn it back on.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
The_Hanged_Man

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Getting a crash on a dual path character (level 1 alchemist/mythic tier 1 with saboteur archetype) with both trickster and marshal archetypes selected. When I try to remove the marshal archetype Herolab crashes with the following message:

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1 337

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x6c6e4f00
Type: bad read
The_Hanged_Man is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hanged_Man View Post
Getting a crash on a dual path character (level 1 alchemist/mythic tier 1 with saboteur archetype) with both trickster and marshal archetypes selected. When I try to remove the marshal archetype Herolab crashes with the following message:

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1 337

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x6c6e4f00
Type: bad read
Yep known issue. The next Hero Lab, not Pathfinder, release will have this fixed. So pretty much once you dual path your dual pathed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
KNOWN-ISSUES
  • If you have multiple "Paths" (ie Archetypes) added to your character and you try to remove one HL can/could crash hard. The next update to HL will have this fixed.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 24th, 2012, 10:49 AM
NEW Version! Happy Holidays!

V1.7 - December 24, 2012
  • Added in Jason Bulmahn forum post of updated rules from 12/21/12. This is a new source that you have to turn on in the "Configure Your Hero" window. This way groups can decide to use these changes or not as they see fit.
  • To use these new rules on an existing character open your .por file. Then press "CTRL-K" and then click on "Mythic Playtest: Update 12/21/12".
  • The "Mythic" template will now add a 2nd tab called "Mythic Abilities" that allows one to choose Mythic Path abilities. I am leaving it up to the DM to figure out the correct abilities to select as some path abilities don't make sense for Monsters.
  • I have created a post that shows how you can add your own Monster Abilities that are selectable from the "Mythic" template.
  • Redid the sources a little to add in the new "Update 12/21/2012" rule changes.
  • Added a warning message and note for the "Dual Focus" feat that it should not be taken or swapped out if you are now using the 12/21/2012 rule updates.
  • New "Mythic Power" adjusment added that lets you up/down the number of mythic power points per day your character has.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old December 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Shadowchemosh when I try to use the path power to the death i get htis errror message

Attempt to access field 'listname' that does not exist for thing 'cChp2TheDe'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cChp2TheDe' (Eval Script '#1') near line 6

In what tab in the editor do yu add path powerrs? Also where do you add champoin strikes?

Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the hard work
Kaleb is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Attempt to access field 'listname' that does not exist for thing 'cChp2TheDe'
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cChp2TheDe' (Eval Script '#1') near line 6
Thanks for the report. This will be fixed in the next update. If you want to fix it now in the editor you can.

1) Open up "PFRPG_Mythic_PlayTest_Paths.user"
2) Click on "Custom Ability" tab.
3) Scroll down to "To the Death" and click on it.
4) Click on "Eval Scripts".
5) Copy and paste this code in over writing everything their.
Code:
~ set the value we die at of CON x3
field[abValue].value += #attrvalue[aCON] * 3
~ Set the value into the live name to help out
field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (die @ -" & field[abValue].value & ")"
6) Save and do "Test Now!". Click "Yes" to any other save messages.
7) Enjoy the fixed power.

Quote:
In what tab in the editor do you add path powers? Also where do you add champion strikes?
Make sure you don't add directly to the Mythic .user files as your changes will get deleted on the next update. So make a new House rules .user file.

Powers are found under the "Custom Ability" tab in the editor. If your adding powers for the "Champion" you would select that as the "Class" the custom ability is associated to.

The next thing is important. "Not Primary Ability?" is where you tell HL if this is a normal Champion Path Ability or a "Champion Strike" ability. You do this by setting it to "Tertiary" for normal path abilities and "Secondary" for "Champion Strike" abilities.

Note: Just like normal HL stuff you can do a "New (Copy)" to my Mythic Powers to pull in a copy into your own .user file. So you can also do this against a Champion ability and a Champion Strike ability to have the above values pre-set for you.

Quote:
Merry Christmas. Thanks for all the hard work
Thanks.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:29 PM
NEW Version!

V1.8 - January 31, 2013
  • Removed the "Source" on the Mythic Playtest Mechanic. This prevents the odd error on a character load about the mechanic not being live.
  • Found a few strange cases where a Feat/Trait picked up the Mythic Tiers as levels still causing some totals to be off. These tags have been fixed to prevent the Tier from being seen as a class or Hit Dice.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #30 Reply With Quote