Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

sarusch1

Old September 20th, 2019, 11:04 AM
HLO says that humans have "Bonus Languages: Any common rarity language allowed" but I don't see that anywhere in the book! Additionally, the CRB says that you only "Gain access" to your ethnic language not that you know it. (Unless it DOES mean you actually learn it and I'm just reading it wrong)

This is a bug?
sarusch1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2019, 11:09 AM
pg. 55 (right-hand sidebar):
"Common
Additional languages equal to your Intelligence modifier (if it’s positive). Choose from the list of common languages and any other languages to which you have access (such as the languages prevalent in your region).

What settings did you turn on for this character? You shouldn't be getting a free language for your human from the ethnicity you chose unless you're making a PFS character or you've turned on the house rule option that turns on that setting.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sarusch1

Old September 20th, 2019, 11:14 AM
It's PFS, so for my Ulfen I WOULD get Skald w/o int mod? Also I'm getting prompted to choose another language w/o having an int mod because of what HLO said for Humans "Bonus Languages: Any common rarity language allowed"
sarusch1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2019, 12:30 PM
On the Player Basics page from the PFS guide, read the section on "Character Creation", specifically the languages section: http://www.organizedplayfoundation.o...player-basics/

Summary of those rules: PFS gives humans a bonus language slot, in addition to Common and any language from INT, makes all regional languages common for all characters, instead of uncommon like it says in the book (which means they're on the list for humans to choose from), and grants humans a free language from their Ethnicity choice, instead of just granting "access" like in the normal rules.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
sarusch1

Old September 20th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Bless you sir!
sarusch1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote