Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Virtue

Old April 7th, 2019, 07:56 AM
So I really am liking some of the world is square house rules and I want to incorporate that all monster and characters automatically gain a number of feats. I know how to do it manually for each portfolio adding bonus feats.

But I would like if it standardly gave everything the 6 bonus feats I want to give to all creatures. Is this a hard edit and just mine as well do it manually or is it easy?

I would also like to also remove the Int requirement for combat expertise how hard is that?
Virtue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 8th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Forgive me if I don't understand, as I am not familiar with those house rules.

Do you mean every creature gets 6 bonus feats they spend on whatever? If so, you can use a mechanic and add 6 feat slots to all characters with an eval script. I believe there is an adjustment for altering feat slots, you can look at that for an example to start from.

If instead you mean every character gets 6 specific feats, then just bootstrap those 6 feats to the mechanic directly.

As for removing the int requirement for combat expertise. If you're bootstrapping it, any feat with the "thing.skipprereq" tag will ignore all pre-reqs, and you can set that as a part of the bootstrap. Alternately, you can cause the hero to ignore only ability score pre-reqs by assigning the NoAbilPre tag for it to the hero, and that's what you'll need to do if you're relying on the user to add Combat Expertise themselves.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 8th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Ok so what if I wanted it to add a feat when I give a feat like if I take dodge I want to give mobility as a bonus feat how do I do that?
And what about if I wanted things to give bonus feats for taking a feat when you reach a certain base attack.
Example would be Improved Grapple grants greater grapple at base attack plus 6
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 8th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Man just rereading what you wrote is confusing me I was hoping to do this but only thing g I have ever done was create s few monsters back in the day on the editor

I was hoping to create a couple of simple feats also.
Virtue is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2019, 09:53 AM
To simplify the instructions (I'm guessing you have 6 specific feats to add to everything);

In the editor, go to the General grouping (which is the default, so you're probably already there if you're opening a new editor file), and then to the Mechanics tab. Create a new item on that tab. Then, on the right-hand side, among the blue buttons, find one named "Bootstraps". As Aaron said, you want to bootstrap the feats. So, click that, then click "Click to add another bootstrap", and use the Choose button to find the feat you want to add. Then repeat that for the other feats.

If the feats have prereqs that you want to skip, then on that bootstrap, click the "Tags" button. As Aaron said, the tag you want is "thing.skipprereq", so enter "thing" in group Id and "skipprereq" in Tag Id. Note that in HL, you won't be typing in the quotes - I just needed to specify exactly what text to use. These are case sensitive.

Once you're done, save the mechanic, then save the file. Once you have a Mechanic, you can't use Test Now! on it, so switch back to the main HL window, and in the Develop menu, choose "Quick-reload data files", or the keyboard shortcut for that is ctrl-r.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 8th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Well the good news is I got the world is square bonus feat to work properly on my hero labs.
So now I want to figure out how to create some simple custom feats that really don’t change any thing without just using custom feat.

and if there is a way to grant bonus feats when you take another feat automatically. I can always do it manually if it’s hard or not doable
Virtue is offline   #6 Reply With Quote