Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frumple

Old May 16th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I have a container that needs to perform some actions on anything that is put inside it. I am implementing the container as a piece of gear that has the Helper.Helper tag.

How can I check that a container 1) has stuff in it, and 2) do a foreach through that stuff in order to perform the actions I want to do?
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2016, 08:07 AM
1) Use the gHeldCount field, or if that isn't available, use gearcount

2) From the sbgear procedure

foreach gear in focus
ammo = splice(ammo,eachpick.field[stackQty].value," and ")
ammo &= " " & eachpick.field[sbName].text
nexteach
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old May 16th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Ah! Thank you!
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 17th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Hm. Could this somehow be used to add a field to all items in a container that would flow through to the "Save Custom Output" XML file? That would allow a character sheet to know which items were in which containers, something that HL doesn't currently export.

Thanks.
Azhrei is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Hm. Could this somehow be used to add a field to all items in a container that would flow through to the "Save Custom Output" XML file? That would allow a character sheet to know which items were in which containers, something that HL doesn't currently export.

Thanks.
I don't think anything we do in the HL Scripts have an impact on the XML that is outputted at the end. Meaning to get container logic into the Custom Output XML I am 99% sure requires a change in the HL binary...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 18th, 2016, 12:30 AM
I'm looking into using a JavaScript library that can read ZIP files so that the char sheet could be put in the same folder as the .por file and when the sheet was opened up, it would read the container information directly from the portfolio. I don't know how practical this is yet; it's only in the idea stage. But the containers and their contents are easily found within the portfolio... (And I filed a bug report on this. Maybe if enough people file bug reports they'll make a change. Can't be very tough, right? )
Azhrei is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Quote:
I'm looking into using a JavaScript library that can read ZIP files so that the char sheet could be put in the same folder as the .por file and when the sheet was opened up, it would read the container information directly from the portfolio. I don't know how practical this is yet; it's only in the idea stage. But the containers and their contents are easily found within the portfolio...
So to take a look you can open up a .por file with any zip tool like 7-zip. If you take a look inside the "data" you can read is less than what the custom output does. Basically the readable part of the por file is just a basic statblock. The custom output actually gives more information. Because while in the file is the XML data to have HL rebuild the information its not in a usable format for anyone else. Take a look you will find lots of references to Picks Chain's and numbers.

Granted its been awhile sense I looked but thats what I saw the last time I looked at one. Just FYI.

Quote:
(And I filed a bug report on this. Maybe if enough people file bug reports they'll make a change. Can't be very tough, right? )
This is true....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old May 19th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So to take a look you can open up a .por file with any zip tool like 7-zip.
Been there, done that.

Quote:
If you take a look inside the "data" you can read is less than what the custom output does. Basically the readable part of the por file is just a basic statblock. The custom output actually gives more information.
Generally, yes. But the containers have an ID associated with them and the contained items have attributes that reference that ID. It would be very simple to relate the two of them together.

Sample snippet is below. Note that the backpack has index="1001" and the caltrops have holder="1001":
Code:
<pick thing="fBackpack" index="1001" batchindex="835" refcount="0" fieldcount="5" source="gTable">
<field id="slOriPrice" text="50 {size 32}GP{size 40}"></field>
<field id="usrChosen1"></field>
<field id="usrChosen2"></field>
<field id="usrChosen3"></field>
<field id="usrChosen4"></field>
</pick>
<pick thing="fCaltrops" index="998" batchindex="832" refcount="0" fieldcount="5" source="gTable" holder="1001">
<field id="slOriPrice" text="50 {size 32}GP{size 40}"></field>
<field id="usrChosen1"></field>
<field id="usrChosen2"></field>
<field id="usrChosen3"></field>
<field id="usrChosen4"></field>
</pick>
I can find all pick's with an attribute of holder with //pick[@holder], then iterate through those and pull out the values. Then another //pick[@index=value] for each value gives me the containers themselves. Easy stuff.

My plan is to make the .por file optional. If it's there, the JS will only use it to construct the container hierarchy -- the rest of the file will be ignored.

I have some time off next week so I'll look into this more pretty soon; I'd like this sheet to work as completely as possible. My main concern is performance: will reading the ZIP in an interpreted language be too slow to be usable?

(As an aside, I am pretty impressed with the design work LW did with the XML data. They broke a few rules, but probably for expediency. For example, the text attribute in those two picks contain presentation information (font size) and it really should be two separate fields (perhaps "amount" and "unit"?), then the software should control the presentation by reducing the font size for the unit. But as I said, I'm being pedantic and overall they did a great job with it.)

Last edited by Azhrei; May 19th, 2016 at 07:25 AM.
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote