Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eponette

Old November 12th, 2014, 03:16 AM
I use prefix (thanks Rob) in order to sort my topics. I use then 'sort by prefix'. But regularly, the sorting goes back to normal. I have therefore to set it again.

Is it a way to put it by default?
eponette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:27 AM
It SHOULD hold the last setting you had up (unless I'm mistaken).

The problem is, so you're sorting by prefix in Story topics, but not world, oh, okay, fix world to be the same. Cool. What? Now it's not sorted right in mechanics. ugh, fine, fix it.

WHAT? Now when I add a new topic inside a container (create contained topic) it's not sorted? Grrr.... Okay, not sorted in relationships.... le sigh.....

See the issue? It stays the way you left it (I think), but it's not the same in EVERY interface. So you have to keep changing it.

OR, if you set the sort on your desktop, then log into your laptop, it's not sorted again, cause it's machine based.... Grrrr.

I'm pretty sure it also resets when you update.

I agree, we need to be able to set it and forget it. some kind of GLOBAL option would be great. Like global per realm, or even per install.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I actually like that it sorts differently for each view. But I'm not married to single vs global.

But that's interesting that it doesn't carry over to other machines. This really should get changed based upon user profile or database. If I load my files, I should view them consistently regardless of machine.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 04:12 AM
FYI, the tabs you have visible are completely different from machine to machine. This is intentional because the you probably don't want all the same tabs on your laptop for running the game that you just had on your desktop when creating all the content. The state of the various "views" (as we call them) is managed separately for each context, where the most common contexts is tabs. If you want this to state to be tracked across machines, then either we need to maintain the same set of tabs on all machines (probably a bad idea) or we have to split things up so that some state is maintained per machine and other state is maintained across machines. Well, the code is currently structured to manage all the state consistently for all views, so splitting things up will be a non-trivial amount of work. That's a lot of work for an arguably less valuable benefit, isn't it?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2014, 04:13 AM
@eponette: Whenever you create a new tab, the view state should be inherited from whatever tab was active at the time. So if the current tab has "Sort by Prefix" enabled, it should be similarly enabled in the newly created tab. Is it possible that you're encountering the "reset" behavior due to starting from a tab where it's been disabled?
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote