Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Fuzzy

Old September 24th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Is it possible in HL, to enchant each end of a double weapon separately? In my playing, it seems HL is limited to either both ends having the same enchantment, or enchantments only applying to one end. Is this a limitation, or my poor perception skill?
Fuzzy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Good question, I knew that double weapons have a little check box, so you can make both heads same or not, but if unchecked, there seems tobe no way to adjust the "extra weapon head" say in the case of an Orc Axe, Double.

The one time I made magical double axe I made it both sides +1. I unchecked the box, and I am not seeing anyway to enhance the second end of the weapon either.
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:47 AM
My guess from reading how the butterfly swords (i think it's that one that is sold as a pair) works is that you have to buy one of the double items, and then if you want to modify one of them separately you have to add another one for free to modify.
willuwontu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willuwontu View Post
My guess from reading how the butterfly swords (i think it's that one that is sold as a pair) works is that you have to buy one of the double items, and then if you want to modify one of them separately you have to add another one for free to modify.
But its not a two weapons, it is one weapon, then you run into issues you can't equip it as a "double" weapon which HL supports. Equiping a Orc axe, double is not the same as any two handed weapon like a great axe, it is treated the same as equiping say a long sword and a short sword, but with HL i merely click the one box "DBL". if you have two different weapons this cases an error.
Exmortis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Fuzzy, you're correct. As things stand now, double weapons have either both heads the same, or only one head enchanted. No way to customize them seperately, sorry.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Fuzzy, you're correct. As things stand now, double weapons have either both heads the same, or only one head enchanted. No way to customize them seperately, sorry.
THE ORCS WILL RISE UP!!!1 RISE UP I SAY and smash! To think they are so under supported is heresy!
Exmortis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nullPointer

Old September 24th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Whatever will the gnomes do with their hook-hammers?
nullPointer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Sniff disapprovingly?
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old September 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM
seriously though, is this listed on an issues list somewhere? I really want a fire&ice double axe! I'm not really sure the best way to do this though. I think the most 'idea' would be a dropdown on each enchantment to choose 'primary, secondary, both' - but that may affect all enchantments, since they use the same things. Alternatively, splitting it into two different gizmos/configurables/whatever the list of enchantments consists of, one for primary and one for secondary.

Along with this, there are some enchantments that kind of 'have' to apply to both. I don't think you could justifiable apply 'Called' to just one half of an axe, for instance, so maybe some tags on item powers that makes them 'whole item' powers, or 'single weapon' powers.
Fuzzy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2014, 06:03 PM
This has been on the to-do list for a long time, but technical issues mean it'll be a bear to handle and we haven't seen too much demand for it, so it keeps getting pushed back.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote