Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

GunbunnyFuFu

Old June 8th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Good day! I'm getting a jump start on my Ptolus campaign (waiting until Realm Works early access to start populating the Ptolus world data) by converting the Banewarrens adventure into Pathfinder. In there, there is a monster called a Thought Stalker that is a mutated troll.

I'd prefer to do all the conversions in Hero Lab. The Thought Stalker has the ability to paralyze by touch, as well as to slip ethereal. What is the best way to code these into HL? Would they best be served as adjustments, or some other way?

I'm doing what I can to learn how to use the Editor to give me a head start on the Ptolus stuff (I imagine they'll be a fair amount of conversion), so anything I can glean off the well of knowledge here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
I'd prefer to do all the conversions in Hero Lab. The Thought Stalker has the ability to paralyze by touch, as well as to slip ethereal. What is the best way to code these into HL? Would they best be served as adjustments, or some other way?
As this is a mutated troll then I would see that as a Template. I would create "paralyze by touch" and "slip ethereal" as "Racial Specials" and bootstrap those to the new Template. This should be a nice simple way to begin learning the editor. Most likely those abilities can simply be left as Text for now.

You can have the template completely change the Troll name also to be "Thought Stalker" if you wish.

As it sounds like your new to the editor my advice is to read the "Glossary of Terms" to get up to speed on the wording used in help and the forums.

Then read FAQ question#2 as it goes over all the places to learn about the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; June 9th, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote