Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Steev42

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
So, I've been loading a portfolio that never had errors before, and suddenly I'm getting one. It reads "Chained pick 'xScent' has been orphaned due to missing boostrap in batch '446'".

Now, I know where the xScent is coming from, and taking a quick look at that option (from ARG) in the editor seems to indicate that it should be working.

I've been getting similar errors on 'fSimple' on a different batch in another portfolio.

So the question is this--how can I track these errors down? Can I figure out what batch is doing what? If these are related to the data files I've purchased, how can I determine exactly what is wrong to pass on the bug alert?
Steev42 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 26th, 2012, 10:19 AM
This sounds similar to THIS post. That guy removed the Community Bestiary and he said it went away but I was never able to successfully reproduce the issue.

That one is sort of strange error and I don't have a good answer.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CorzatTheGray

Old October 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This sounds similar to THIS post. That guy removed the Community Bestiary and he said it went away but I was never able to successfully reproduce the issue.

That one is sort of strange error and I don't have a good answer.
I just received this error as well last night... since I knew that the scent ability wasn't going to be an issue I just clicked the okay and moved on.

After looking through the other thread you linked to, and this one and after my own occurrence last night it appears as though it is happening at different batch numbers.

My stock that I was importing was a normal dog - summon monster I - to apply the celestial template for the summoning. Pulled it up and got this same error just batch 449 instead.

I remembered the other thread but not the details but figured that it was due to a user file messing with something. My editor-fu is not that strong so I wasn't even going to try to figure out. I'm not too worried about missing scent so I'm content to wait until a solution is found by those who know the ins and outs of the editor better than I
CorzatTheGray is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old November 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
I just got something similar to this this morning. Got a laundry list of missing bootstrap errors that look like the following

Exact Error: "Chained pick 'cSorERAcid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'

I submitted a bug report for it.

Edit: Found the log file so I'm copy pasting the exact errors:
Chained pick 'cSorERAcid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERAcid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERCold' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERCold' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERElec' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERElec' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERFire' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorERFire' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorEMAir' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorEMEart' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorEMFire' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'
Chained pick 'cSorEMWate' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '456'

Last edited by temohjyn; November 2nd, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
temohjyn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I tested for that with the Draconic Bloodline, I can't imagine why the Elemental Bloodline change (which was the same thing) would throw errors when the Draconic didn't. Is there anything else unusual about the character? An archetype perhaps?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
The Sorcerer is Wildblooded Archetype. Is that what's causing the error?
temohjyn is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
I believe it should go away if you dirty the portfolio and resave it anyway. I'm just trying to understand why the error is occuring so I can avoid it in the future.

Basically what happened was that previously the Draconic and Elemental bloodlines were bootstrapping 4 different abilities, with bootstrap conditions for a certain tag, so depending on the Element, you'd only get 1 of them. However, the Eldritch heritage feat line can't detect the bootstrap conditioned class specials, so I had to change things so there was only 1 class ability that was bootstrapped without a condition, but that changed itself based on the element/dragon chosen.

Now, that means several old class specials were removed from the bloodline, but as I understand it, that shouldn't throw errors since the user didn't choose those class abilities directly (they were brought along by something else). As another example, if you had a saved character that was a human, and I changed the Unique ID of the human race, you'd get an error (the race is something you chose) saying the old race is missing. If I made a new human racial ability and removed the +2 to any ability score racial ability and bootstrapped this new one instead, you would not get an error (since it is not something you chose, but something that came along with a choice).

But it seems my understanding is imperfect. My apologies.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
All right, how does one "dirty a portfolio...?"
temohjyn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temohjyn View Post
All right, how does one "dirty a portfolio...?"
Add a space to your character name, delete it, then resave.
Or just altering something, reverting and resaving usually works!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
temohjyn

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks.