Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fuzzy

Old September 19th, 2016, 01:16 AM
So, in Inner Sea Gods, there are variant spellcasting rules (essentially spells added or reduced level to theme with a given deity - ex, Shelynite priests gain Charm person to their lists, etc). I was trying to determine how these work, and it appears they are simple added as additional spells (spChPerShe in this example), that are limited to a specific deity. This makes sense to me... however, there must be some other mechanic I can't find here, because it would seem that any character with HasDeity.deiShelyn should be able to select this spell. I am building a Shelynite warpriest and it is not an option.

The rules call out Cleric, Paladin, and Inquisitor explicitly, but that, I believe, is because the warpriest wasn't a thing at the time. I'm fine if that's the design stance here, but I cannot figure out how to make the change locally either, because I really have no idea why it isn't showing after looking at the appropriate things.
Fuzzy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 19th, 2016, 07:17 AM
When you create a spell, you specify which Class or Classes it is available to. This is why you don't see Cleric spells when selecting spells for your Wizard, for example. The Warpriest has its own spell list, so these special spells are most likely only marked as being available to the specific classes listed in the description.

The books were published in the same year (2014), and Warpriests are mentioned in the "Beautiful War Paint" magic item. The original versions of these variant spellcasting entries have been around for several years, though, and may have been copied unchanged from prior books.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 20th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Variant spellcasting is handled on the deity picks. They have an eval script which assigns ClsAllowSp tags to the relevant classes.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:49 AM
Ok, so i see it now. So apparently (I haven't read it yet) the new companion 'Divine Anthology' does clarify that warpriests do gain the variant spellcasting spells as a cleric.

Discussed here: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2twtd?In...-the-Warpriest

So it looks like all those deity eval lines that add to the Cleric helper will need to be added to the warpriest helper as well.
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Guess I get to search through all the deities in Pathfinder and tweak the eval scripts. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 23rd, 2016, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Guess I get to search through all the deities in Pathfinder and tweak the eval scripts. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
No pressure, but can this be added to the patch being release next week?! Plz, plz, plz!!! (Currently playing a gnome warpriest of Desna with travel blessing, so longstrider would be awesome)
Krothos is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old September 23rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
No pressure, but can this be added to the patch being release next week?! Plz, plz, plz!!! (Currently playing a gnome warpriest of Desna with travel blessing, so longstrider would be awesome)
Given the degree of work needed not sure a week is enough time.
Minous is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 23rd, 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote:
I'll see what I can do.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old September 23rd, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote:
In the mean time, you can use an Adjustment (Add Spell to Class Spell List) to get you up and running for your longstrider...
Fuzzy is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 24th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Woot! Thanks, Aaron! You're the best!!!
Krothos is online now   #10 Reply With Quote