Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
How do I do the following?

Set a prerequisite the requires any 4 arcane powers.

Script it so that an arcane background gets 1 power and 4 power points each ranks.

An arcane background that gets 1 skill points every time a new power edge is taken.

Thanks in advance.
dartnet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
How do I do the following?

Presumably the same way you would with those prerequisites that step through Knowledge skill, the only difference being that you'd set up a variable to count up, then set a validif when the variable is =>4 and then drop out of the loop then. Unfortunately I don't have time to try to work on it now and I'll be out of town until the middle of next week so I can't really give a good example or look up how to really step through those powers right but maybe that will give you some ideas?

Quote:
Script it so that an arcane background gets 1 power and 4 power points each ranks.
Sounds like one of those SeelyOne scripts he's been posting lately. You might look at some of those to see if they give some ideas. Otherwise I'm not too sure on that one.

Quote:
An arcane background that gets 1 skill points every time a new power edge is taken.
I think this one I would set up as a separate New Power Edge (assuming you will have other ABs that would need to still use the standard New Power Edge, otherwise you should just preclude the standard one and just replace it). The new one could then just add a skill point and you're good to go.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old September 24th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I got it to work using this script.

var total as number
foreach pick in hero where "Arcane.?"
if (eachpick.field[trtFinal].value >= 2) then
total += 1
endif
nexteach
~if we have at least two, we're valid
validif (total >= 4)
if (@ispick <> 0) then
altpick.linkvalid = 0
endif
dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 24th, 2014, 11:26 AM
You might want to put your validif line into the loop with and use a done command so you can break out of the loop once you hit your target. See http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....e=Flow_Control

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 24th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
An easier method would be to check for #resmax[resPowers] > 3
The character knows that many, whether or not they have actually been chosen. It is a simpler script and does not need any looping.

Quote:
I would do the XP table method as I mentioned in another thread. It can either be in the same edge as the Arcane Background (so a remake of, say, Miracles. Or if it is an edge that gives this benefit, or if perhaps it can just be a Mechanic. Most likely Traits 5000 will work. Pre-Traits will probably work as well, maybe before calc TrtFinal.

Code:
    var xp as number
    var modifier as number
    xp = hero.child[resXP].field[resMax].value
    modifier = 1

~ Determine XP table
if (xp >= 20) then
    modifier += 1
endif

if (xp >= 40) then
    modifier += 1
endif

if (xp >= 60) then
    modifier += 1
endif

if (xp >= 80) then
    modifier += 1
endif

~ Apply the bonus
#resmax[resPowers] += modifier
modifier = modifier*4
#trkmax[trkPower] += modifier
Quote:
I would either have this as part of the Arcane Background edge, an edge, or a mechanic (if it is universal or you want to just check on an existing edge -- like see if Arcane Background: Magic).

If it is in a Mechanic another edge that watches for the new power edge, do it like this:
Code:
    var modifier as number
    modifier = 0

~Check for New Power Edges
foreach pick in hero from Edge
    if (eachpick.tagis[Edge.edgNewPwr] <> 0) then
        modifier += 1
    endif
nexteach

~Apply modifier to skills
#resmax[resSkill] += modifier
Note that this gives skill points, which means that you have to unlock the character to apply them after being in Advancement mode. If instead you meant the spellcasting skill you can do something like this:
Code:
      perform #resspent[resSkill,-,modifier,"Free Skill"]
      perform #traitadjust[skSpellcst,+,modifier,"Spellcasting d6"]
      hero.child[skSpellcst].field[trtMaximum].value += modifier

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old September 24th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Thank you gentlemen.
dartnet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote