Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old September 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
While working on a province with in my own campaign, Rumors specifically.....

I had an epiphany.

As DMs (GMs for you youngsters) We have the ability to determine what snippets are "truths, partly true, and untrue". But for the player what about when the players edition comes around?

Clarifications,
1>Lets say a PC hears a rumor that, at the time of hearing it, is "untrue", but the PC doesn't know that it is.... till perhaps much later. For the time being, the player's View will display the snippet.

But what happens when the PC knows the information to be false? If the Player determines the PC knows this to be untrue, there is nothing in place to identify the snippet as such (that I have found) In the player view, there is nothing to alert the PC that this information is false. (save me adding to the snippet displayed as "FALSE Rumor")

Will there be a means for the Player to "mark or differentiate" the truths from the 1/2 truths from the lies from the player side? Similar to the means already in place for the DM?

And OR... is there a means to "reveal & display" a 1/2 truth or untruth (lie) once discovered from the DMs side? a search for Truths and untruths currently yields nothing.

On detailed subterfuge, I simply create another snippet and tie them together similar to alias to names. but this method would become truly cumbersome for all the varied "Bar / Tavern " rumors afloat.

Just thinking there may be a need (from a player point of view) to separate the truth from the lie.....

*Thought on the epiphany*

I posted this thread as a new element as it has more to do with the Players version (and its interaction with the DMs version) of RW. I fore see a time that it might be prudent to separate the threads accordingly.... Players Edition Discussions / Requests and not convolute the RW Core thread... Feel free to relocate where it may seem to fit best. just my 2 cp

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; September 4th, 2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Comment on possible need for Players Realm Works Questions and requests
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old September 4th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Also, it would be great if there was a way for the character to flag the snippet for true/untrue - along with a method for the GM to see what status the character has assigned. This way, it's possible for characters to decide for themselves the validity of any given snippet based on whatever criteria they choose - because frequently they'll be called to act upon these snippets before receiving an unequivocal answer about their truth.
pyremius is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 6th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I agree Pyremius...
+1 on your comments....

But as we (save those in the Beta) have not yet seen the nuance details of the Players RW.... its unfair to be "requesting" just yet.... heheh....

*Snark* Hurry up Rob.. so the Community can pile on for all those things forgotten than to be thankful for what we do get.....
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 6th, 2014, 11:07 AM
This would be nice for mysteries too. Present the clues or suspects and the players narrow down the list. If they can add notes to them as well, that would be even better.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old September 7th, 2014, 01:42 AM
As far as I know the planning includes the fact that Players will be able to add comments, but I do not know if it will be realm, topic or snippet level that they can add them.
Cornelius is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kate

Old September 8th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I would find this useful.

I think the player comments are supposed to be only in an independent User Notes section but I am not sure.
kate is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old September 15th, 2014, 05:30 PM
+1 for this
Bidmaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 1st, 2014, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
This would be nice for mysteries too. Present the clues or suspects and the players narrow down the list. If they can add notes to them as well, that would be even better.
Agreed
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 22nd, 2014, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Agreed
Indeed!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
Really interesting thoughts here. I would love to see what Rob and team could come up with from this input.

The ability to see, preferably flagged to highlight for the GM, when the player decides the snippet's truthfulness is not as previously thought, would be really nice.
weogarth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote